Wednesday, September 20, 2006

bg life

Jackson had his first practice in the rain today.  I have to tell you I was a bit nervous.  He can be kind of a weenie, but I mean that in the nicest way possible.  So I run him out to the field then sit in the car for an hour with the rest of the monsters.  I took lots of funny pictures with my phone.  I want to find a way to get them off and on the blog.  Anyways after an hour Jackson comes running up with the biggest smile you have ever seen and jumps in the back of Cor’s truck (he had pulled in from work a couple of minutes before).  So when I get home I help Jack strip off all his wet clothes and he says he has never had so much fun and soccer is the best in the rain.  I am going to have to agree.  I remember practices in Issaquah when it would be so wet there would be huge puddles on our turf field.  We would slide tackle as much as possible just because we loved being in the water.  And I don’t know if Elly still checks this but I know she will never forget the day she almost drown in a mud puddle.  I’m not even kidding, it was so funny!!  

For family home evening this week Cory gave a lesson on gambling.  Jackson loves to get toys out of the machines at pizza hut, however 99% of the time he is ticked because he gets something crappy instead of what he wants.  So after spending more than he should have and hating it all Cor and I decided this would be the perfect object lesson.  Monday night Cory set out one kind of cool toy, two ok toys and two really crappy toys.  Then he set out one of Jack’s really expensive transformers.  He put two stacks of pennies in front representing how much the transformer cost.  Then he said that the other toys were things that he could get in the vending machine.  And as he tried for the cool toy he took the money away from the transformer.  After getting two crappy toys and two okay toys Cory showed how now all that money that could have gone to what we really wanted was now spent on something he really didn’t even care about.  He asked Jack and Ben where the toys were that they had gotten from pizza hut that weekend and by Monday they admitted they were already lost and forgotten about.  So Cory explained that really they had nothing to show for the money they had spent.  Not even the momentary pleasure of candy, because they were mad the second they realized what they had gotten they didn’t even like.  I’m not sure if that made sense, but the way Cory did it was awesome.  He is such a good daddy.  He told the kids that Heavenly Father wants us to be happy and that is why he gives us commandments.  That the commandment not to gamble is so that we don’t make ourselves unhappy by wasting our hard earned money.  The kids really thought that was cool.  

Well it’s almost 8, it’s dark and Cory is at mutual and then has a presidency meeting so I expect he will be home around 11.  All the guys in ym are BSers.  So I’m going to put the kids to bed and try to get something productive done while I wait.

                                                         Blog on little family……..me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home