Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bavaria

I can't believe it has been a week already since I last posted. Time flies when you're having fun and that's what we've been doing. First of all, Cameron, thanks for the pics and the story. I'm glad everyone came through okay and I'm also glad that Monie is with her mom for the rest of the week. That must give you some piece of mind. Beck looks beautiful and so do the girls- including Monica. What a cute family you've got. I was showing my girls all the pictures on here this morning and Sadie said "that's the friend I was talking about." The other day she had been telling me this whole story and asking about her friend and her aunt and I was completely confused, evidently it was Monica and Harley. Give your family kisses from us and congratulations once again.

Sierra!!! Happy Birthday!!! You cutie patootie!!! I can't believe you're four! You are such a sweet angel and we all love you and miss you so much. Sadie thought your party looked pretty dang fun and told me she missed you and wanted to play with you. We hope you have a WONDERFUL day!!!

Geof.- Get your last few hours in and get on a great big safe plane please. We woke up this morning to the news about the Yankees pitcher and it put a lump in my stomach. Get on a big plane. I love you and I know you are very safety conscious and that the Lord watches over and protects you, so I know I'm just being extra paranoid. But the money would be nice too, wouldn't it?

Darla- your blogs are so great. That's so cute that Cole rides the school bus. Sadie would love that. As for the homework issue, I completely agree. I am really trying to be supportive this year, but I think our decision to homeschool Jane the next two years will- hopefully- be really great. I can't remember if I mentioned that. If I did, forgive me, if I did not- the middle school is over an hour away by bus. They quit doing sixth grade at the elementary school THIS year and from everyone Mike has talked to the core classes over at the middle school are horrible and people that have never even thought of homeschooling are pulling their kids. So Meags and Ad, our discussion about homeschooling middle school is coming to pass. I think I will be able to do it. It's the age that is fun to teach and not too challenging as far as completely new concepts like "this is a letter and you put it with this letter and it makes this sound." We'll see.

So a bit of a rundown as to what we have been up to. This past weekend was a four day weekend for Mike and Jane so Friday morning we woke the girls up at 6, dressed the little ones in their Sleeping Beauty dresses and Jane in a church dress, loaded them into the beamer and drove down to Neuschwanstein castle aka Disney's inspiration for the Sleeping Beauty castle. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. The castle is built right into the foot of the Alps. It wasn't too crowded, I guess during the summer there is a three hour wait but we only waited long enough to get in some great pics. We were going to take the carriage ride to the top of the hill (where the castle is) but that was a bit of a wait so we just started walking. It was hillarious though because all the Japanese tourists were just oooing and aahhing over the girls, especially Sadie. She had those blond curls and a little bow in her hair and was skipping along happily and they just died. We even had one guy ask to take a picture with her. Too funny. So after touring the castle we went over to this little park we had seen on the drive in. It had a playground and a gondola that went to the very top and an alpine slide. So the girls changed clothes and took rides on the alpine slides in the Alps. A bit surreal. Definitely a wonderful day. Saturday we just hung out at home, made lots of good food and played games. Sunday my friend and her three girls came over for dinner while her husband was in Poland with his parents. Monday we went to a very cool swimming pool complex in Amberg, about 20 minutes away. It has about seven different pools with varying degrees of warmth, a little kiddie area, a water slide, and a pool that went outside as well as in (with plastic flap curtains) that stays open even in the winter. We had so much fun and we didn't even see any naked body parts that should be covered. I guess during the summer there's a better chance of that, I can't wait. Sooo... before we went to the pool we went to a kid's store and bought a new stroller. Germany is not really made for double joggers and the umbrella stroller is like hell on wheels, literally. So after taking that up to the castle for a day and going up waaay steep hills with wheels going askew and the handles reaching all the way to our thighs we made a new stroller a first priority. So we got one that is a very narrow, big wheeled (not jogging stroller size) stroller and then we are going to order what is called a buggy board for Sadie. It attaches to the rear of the stroller and your child can stand there when they are too tired to walk any more. Sade is just at that in between stage and a day of walking around poops her out and carrying her poops us out. The board will cost more than the stroller, but it should be worth it.

So there you have it. The rest of the week I have been trying to catch up on laundry and housework. Mike and I play a board game every night and most of the time I kick his booty. Pretty fun. Tonight we are watching the Season Premiere of Battle Star Galactica and we are sooo excited. We are total nerds.

Mindi, that little note made me tear up. Not the part about submitting to your husband's will, but we can blame that on our mother. But siting all of the prophets and thinking of it in that way and knowing what the future is going to hold. Her thoughts were touching- and I cry at just about anything. I saw your point about the death wish, but put this way it really is kind of cool. Good luck with that. I wish I could be there in Cali with you all.

Okay, this much come to an end, it is too huge. But first, Meags, your pics were great. Mike couldn't believe how much Hazel looks like Ellyn. I miss that toad alot, along with all the others, man I miss their hugs. I love you and Cor and the kids and all my sibs and cousins and family. Take care all of you. Love, me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home