Saturday, November 25, 2006

Bavaria

Funny that in our first four months over here I will be home twice and then who knows when. But... as most of you know we will be home for Christmas for sure. Mike picked up the tickets on Tuesday and we are all sooo excited. The girls are thrilled that they will get to see their cousins and grandparents and aunts and uncles again. They aren't quite over missing them on a daily basis. I'm also so happy that Mike will get to be home with his family for the holidays. It has been so long for him and would have been so much longer if we stayed here and he is deployed next Christmas, which is most likely the case. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as well but I'm spoiled and I love the excitement of my little family.

Things here have been crazy since getting back from the wedding- which I loved every minute of by the way. I'm so very happy that I was able to be there. What a blessing and what a wonderful family I have. Back to what I was saying-CRAZY- once I got home I had two days to get the house ready, decorate for Christmas and get Thanksgiving dinner put together for our family and two other families from Mike's work. I was stressed more than I would have been if it had just family or friends, but everything went smoothly. My turkey turned out fabulously, I love those oven bags. I also was able to use my very cool Christmas dishes that mom and I bought at Costco last year. Jess, I know Tony likes to have his Thanksgiving before his Christmas, but it just made everything a bit more festive.

So one major event down, one to go. Next week is the ball and due to a miscommunication between Mike and myself I'm not just assisting in embellishing the centerpieces the Convention Center is putting on the tables, I'm in charge of it AND decorating the whole reception area, which I had no clue about till yesterday (the reception area part). So it's like decorating for a wedding with five days notice. Luckily it's Christmas decor and I was able to go over with Mike yesterday and do a little planning. All the cocktail tables need center pieces, we're gathering all their plants into groupings and stringing them with lights, I'm decorating a few Christmas trees, doing something for the reception line area and doing the head table and calling it good. A little stress. Also I get to go alone to the ball because Mike has to be there the whole day. It's all good.

Well I have to go put my house together. We are having another game night tonight. Our little weekly weekend fun. There is just more to put together because yesterday instead of doing all the cleaning I should have, we went Christmas shopping. Yeah!!! Meagan, I fed my kids Thanksgiving desserts for dinner last night as well. Jane asked if she could have a turkey sandwich and I said yes, as long as she made it and cleaned it up. That's the kind of good mom I am.

Well I love you all. I'll write again, possibly after the ball. So wonderful to be with all of you. I love you. Love, me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home