Friday, December 15, 2006

bg life

Oh my goodness Christmas has come early.  I was checking the blog reluctantly, out of guilt, because I have not written for so long and low and behold three new blogs.  As an added bonus one is from the ever elusive, Alicia. I really don’t have a lot going on, no parties to speak of and I don’t visit teach so nothing to do there, it’s just pretty boring around here.  No I really am going to do something for our v.t., h.t. families, and our neighbors, I just haven’t decided what kind of mess I want to make.  A colorful, crumbly mess with sugar cookies or an ooey, gooey mess with caramels.  So many messes, so little time.  If I do cookies I would probably have to include my children and I try not to do that.  If I had to do “floor time” with any of my children it would go something like this… yeah you are on the floor what more do you want?  I guess that is why God gave our sweet little Ellyn to Brooke and not me.  So while I am on a role (by the way I have a very high self worth I just think this is funny), Jackson asked me this morning if I had any talents.  I said I didn’t really know I couldn’t think of any right then.  He said, come on mom everyone has a talent, like I can draw and tell stories and dad can play the piano and lots of other stuff, so what is yours?  

We had a huge windstorm last night.  Our neighbors right next door had a tree fall on their house, across the street a tree fell on their car, and behind us a tree fell blocking their driveway and uprooting the transformer.  Thankfully we had our trees taken out this fall or we might have had a bit of damage ourselves.  Although if it had landed on the ol’ Monty I wouldn't have died.  You know if it had really taken it out and I could have gotten a newer year.  I shouldn’t be saying this about my trusty ride, but it is having an issue that is driving me crazy.  Every time I turn it off it won’t restart without a jump.  Not has convenient as you may think.  We can’t get it fixed until Monday so without a car for at least four more days.  It’s ok I can walk we have only had high wind warnings, hail, rain and snow.  And that has only been in the last four hours.  It just makes me more grateful for our pioneer heritage.  

I just had to quiet Hazel back to sleep.  She has had a terrible time lately.  I think it is her iron drops because I haven’t been giving them to her and she is doing better, not great, but better.  And poor Benny, she is the lightest sleeper and has to share a room with her, so every time Hazel wakes Bennett wakes.  Mom, being the caring women that she is suggested putting Hazel in the laundry room where no one can hear her cry.  When I told her I thought that was a terrible idea, because it is so cold in there and there was no room for a crib, so Hazel would have to sleep in a laundry basket, she said that if I didn’t want to try it I shouldn’t complain.  There must be an easier way.  

Ok now that I have babbled about everything I can think about (actually I could start up where Brooke left off about the whole disappointing Christmas thing, because our kids are truly only getting one ok present and one lame present) I will go take a shower, because I only have 25 minutes until I pick Jack up from school and I have a rule that I can only be in my work out clothes, at the school once a day.  However, I break that rule at least twice a week, but not today my friends, not today.

                         Blog on……….me      

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home