Monday, December 18, 2006

Seattle Bennett Living in Colorado

As I look at my sisters blogs and regret buying anything for my kids Christmas as we have decided to head to the Great NW for the holidays it is only reinforced more by my rapidly depleating account balances, and we haven't even gotten to the holidays. I could save hundreds by just saving the happy meal toys as we journey north-westwardly, wraping them up and Merry Christmas.

Our kids are so spoiled they go to Church and the librarian gives them candy, their teachers give them candy, the YM and YW give them candy and by the time we get home they want nothing to do with lunch and we have to force them Ipecac syrup to fight off their self induced sugar comas.

The holidays have been rough on me this year. 2 weeks ago as I was hanging lights on the front of our house my bench went out from under me and fell into my window well banging my arm and knee pretty bad however the x-rays show nothing torn or broken. 5 days later while making glass block Christmas ornaments (look up Househacker.com) I was blowing one out with my air compressor and it blew up in my hand. So over my first nuckle on my right hand I have an 1-1/2" gash to the bone and while it didn't hurt nor bleed for about a minute after the explosion both Mindi and our exchange student couldn't look at it without feeling like they were going to pass out. So my trusty Bishop patched me up and its as good as new, by the way super glue works if you don't really want to pay a doctor to stich you up.

However something good came early for Christmas I came home from work a week ago and found a beautiful little dark brindle pit bull in my back yard so I coaxed her over to me and after trying to find an owner to no avail, Max has a new buddy to hang out with, until we can find her a new home or do something with her.

Last but not least we are going to be driving through Utah and are looking for a place to crash Friday night I know this is a big time for parties but if their is anybody that can handle a couple of vagabonds getting comming in late and leaving mid morning please let me know

Blog out Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home