Monday, January 01, 2007

povo wife

Happy New Year!! Is it because most of you are together that you're not blogging?!! Was your New Years just wonderful? Geof. surprised us Friday night by flying in. Of course he was nervous about the whole thing, since he has so much studying to do. But then he realized that most (if not all) the guys would be getting drunk most of the weekend, so why not come out? It was great. We opted to stay home instead of going back to Logan and I'm so happy we did. We went to a really fun indoor pool on Friday in Lehi. It was great. However, when we first arrived I told Geof. I wanted to go in the hot tub because I never get to with the kids. So he stayed on the other side of the kiddie pool with the kids. While he was busy buckling Cole's life jacket, Dayne fell onto her face right beside him and couldn't get up. I noticed this right away and yelled for him to get her. And he didn't hear me. There were a ton of people so the place echoed like crazy. So I yelled louder. Still nothing. At this point I really started panicking because I knew I couldn't get there fast enough and he couldn't hear me. So I jump out of the hot tub and start screaming hysterically at the top of my lungs. Everyone (except for Geof.) heard me, even the stupid life guards who couldn't seem to figure out what I was seeing!! Geof. FINALLY responded and grabbed her. She seemed to be fine but I stood there feeling ridiculous and relieved at the same time. I didn't want to get back in the hot tub so I ran over to Geof. It was crazy. I felt pretty silly for the rest of the day, even though Geof. reassured me every other mom, "especiallyMeagan", would have reacted the same. That night we went and saw The Prestige. It was good but I was so sick and tired that all I wanted to do was crawl into my bed and sleep. I should be in my 2nd trimester and I will say the nausea has subsided a little, but not completely. yesterday we went to church which was so nice with Geof. by my side, and then we had a yummy dinner with our neighbors. We watched the NYC New Year's countdown and were in bed right after 10pm. Aren't we EXCITING?!! There you go. Geof. left this morning at 5 am to catch a flight. I sure hope he did. If I hear he was at the airport until late this evening, boy will I be irritated. (: Well. I gotta run. Life is better. Geof. and I have both settled with the idea of him being gone for 2 months and are doing MUCh better with it. Please blog each of you!! ~darla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home