Thursday, December 21, 2006

ColoradoBennett


Yesterday morning.

This morning.

Blizzard of 2006! This storm is unbelievable. I tried to get out there and shovel this morning, but that was just a joke. I couldn't even walk from the back yard to the front yard. I waited for the girls to wake up and we went out to take some pictures and build a snowman. They flaked out before we could get one built, plus the snow is too soft to even make a ball. I know there is at least 25 inches out there plus a few 4 to 5 foot drifts around. Max loves the snow and walks around and around even though it is up to his ears. Diesel the Danger Dog doesn't care for the snow at all and she just stays in the laundry room, chasing her tail all day (diesel is the pit bull that showed up in our yard last week and Adam still hasn't taken her to the pound because he thinks she is a "good dog". Yeah, a good dog that will turn on the kids and bit their face off). Anyway, we are snowed in for a while, but I have faith that we will make it to Utah in time for Cameron's Saturday morning breakfast! Congratulations to Jan on the mission to Italy! What a beautiful place to go, much better than Canada, jj. I've had a little time to read my new book. It is called "The Price We Paid: The Extraordinary Story of the Willie & Martin Handcart Pioneers." With the storm whipping around outside my feelings were particularly tender for those poor handcart pioneers. I spent a lot of time weaping. Aside from that, it is an amazing book and I hightly recomend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home