Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Bavaria

Hi Family,

I hope you are all doing well. Adam, I can't believe all of your wounds. I'm so sorry. I hate hurting my hands because then I feel like I've lost my sight or hearing or something. Everything is just not quite right. I hope you feel better. I'm glad you had Geof. for the weekend. I'm feeling very worried about two of my brothers right now.

I finallly got a hold of mom and dad last night to try to work out our schedule for when we are in Wa. Adam, will you please tell me what days you will be home? I'm trying to work out a fair schedule for the two families so that Mike and I don't want to slit our wrists-or each others-by the end of the trip.

Okay, I have no time but I have to tell you about Sadie's Christmas present. When we were at Toys R Us last month she saw a great big, giant Ariel. It is the size of Ellyn and it sings the chorus from "Part of Your World" in this weird alto voice. Sadie started begging for it for Christmas, we told her that it was too big and that it was creepy. Sadie was furious and off and on all month she has told us that all she wants for Christmas is the giant Barbie. We didn't hear about it for a week or so and Thursday night we were talking about having Christmas Saturday morning. I asked Sadie if it was going to be alright if Santa didn't bring the doll. Sadie looked at me and said "Oh Santa will bring it, Santa knows what's in my heart." Yeah, so Friday morning I'm calling over to Toys R Us in Regensburg and trying to find someone that speaks English and having them hold Ariel for me. Next, I drove an hour and a half, loaded Sadie and Ellyn into a cart, put Mike's fleece PT cap on Sadie's head, over her eyes, and handed the woman at the customer service desk a note with the word "Ariel for Brooke" on it. They nodded knowingly and brought it over for me. I told Sadie that we were picking up a present for Jane and that I didn't want her to see it either so they could all be surprised. It seemed to work- trusting little thing. So Christmas morning Sadie had her doll and it is now her child. She adores it and takes very good care of it. She carries it everywhere and it is almost as big as she is. It is hillarious. She is so cute.

The girls were very happy with their Christmas. I found "the fillers" I needed and we got everything put together quite nicely. I'm sure all of yours will turn out the same way. Otherwise just set them in front of the computer while my kids aren't around and show them all the pictures of Disneyland!

Well I have to go visiting teaching. Jane's home sick and Sadie doesn't feel too great so I am just dropping off a little something. Jane came into our room with a burning fever last night but this morning the fever is gone and she just feels worn out. Mike didn't feel great this weekend. I hope we all get it through our systems before we get on the plane. Except for me, I can't get it at all, I have too much to do.

Darla, how are you doing? What are you doing during Christmas? How is Geof.?

Jess, you've inspired me, I've closed down my meth lab. You know, now that I have Christmas paid for there isn't really any point. I would just get materialistic.

I love you all.

Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home