Saturday, March 24, 2007

Rich-town

It's really "Richmond", but I thought I'd try and fit in more with what people around here call it. No, to be honest (and to clarify what Adam said), we actually love it here. Richmond is a beautiful city which does happen to be 70% black...depending on who you talk to. Our apt. building IS predominantly blacks, but they are very nice and we don't feel at all that we are in an unsafe area. Actually, our apt. is quieter than the last 3 places we lived in Provo. We do need to get into a home ASAP however, because I just don't think I can continue stuffing things here and there to make room. Geof. and I were joking the other day that we thought it was so crazy that our friends were having their 3rd child and still in an apt. in Provo (this was a few years back). And look at us now!! How humbling. Geof. picked up a line starting next month which is good because then he'll know his schedule and can do some extra work on the side. We had an awesome day yesterday...driving all over Richmond. It's gorgeous here. Beautiful, quant little neighborhoods with mature trees (tons of them) and everyone seems to have a wraparound porch or at least a screened in porch on the side of their home. So cute! There's quite a few colleges and universities here which always helps with the cultural side of things. In fact, today we're going to drive over to this old historical park near the river that we think might be part of an old plantation. We're way excited (and overwhelmed) at all there is to see and do...and it's all so close! So come out and visit. Let us know so we can get you a discount on flights. jess and tony, congrats on the new baby. How exciting is that? And I love the name Indie. I hope she's good and not too fussy. If that is the case, watch what you're eating! Chocolate, broccoli, hm...the list goes on for what I could eat with Dayne. When I stopped eating chocolate though, it was night and day. Even a small taste turned her into a monster. Cole was perfect....other than being hungry for the first 6 months of his life. Oh our kids. how we love them. THey're absolutely CRAZY and Geof. cannot handle taking them out. it completely stresses him out (it does me too...when I'm alone with them). WHy and HOW are we going to do three?? I'm thinking of naming her June Bethanie Bennett. What do you all think? And if it's negative feedback, I don't want it. (: Well. I have to run. I'm at the library trying to get things done via internet while Geof.'s at home trying to entertain. Thanks LeAnne for all you did! It's so nice to be moved in!! luv, darla p.s. Brooke, Mike and Ellynn (and girls of course), we love you and are praying for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home