Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Crabb's

Ok, so I know that it's been awhile since I or anyone from the Robbins' family has posted and I apologize. First I need to tell Brind and Leanne how happy we were that you stopped by that night to visit with us. You all need to remember that our house is always open to anyone coming through Utah.
So, life has been completely insane the last couple of weeks. First we had to say goodbye to Jan as he went into the MTC a week ago. I am so excited for him and I know that he is going to be an awesome missionary in Italy! It was pretty hard to see him go though. Jan has been really close to our family. He was always willing to hang out with Monica and I. It was fairly common for him to just call and say he was coming over to sleep over at our house. I'm not sure if it was really to hang out with us or if it was just to sleep on the love sack and have breakfast at our house. Whatever the reason we were blessed to have him with us and I loved getting to know him.
Monica is amazing. She has caught on to being a mother of 3 a lot faster than I have caught on to being a father of 3. Her plate is definitely full right now. She won't take on any more voice students. She is teaching 2 days a week. One day from our house and one day at Paula's. We'll see how long she is able to keep it up. Some of you may have already heard but she has a new calling as well. She was called to be the YW President. I'm not sure exactly how many girls she has but I know she has something like 17 beehives and at least that many more between her Miamaids and Laurels. I'm sure that she will be great and she will really qualify herself to be able to fulfill the calling.
Joel is doing great and he is definitely still Joel, very quiet. I think he is enjoying school and playing. I am excited to get to know him better. I know that sounds funny since I have been part of the family for almost 7 years now but he was so quiet in high school and so involved with his friends that I never really got to know Joel.
We love AJ. He was almost always willing to come hang out with us when Jan did though it didn't always work out. He's a lot like Joel in that he spends a lot of time with his friends. He's pretty good about splitting his time though and we get to see him a lot. I think one of the things that I love the most about AJ, and most of you know this about him, is that he always has a question. I have to be honest, when Monica and I first got married that drove me nuts. Now that is one of my favorite qualities. All of his questions really are sincere and he really is trying to learn about something all of the time.
Kel is great. As always I'm going to have to post something about sports with Kel. I'm sure we won't see much of him for the next little bit now that March madness has started. He'll be glued to all of the games and I know I'll hear all about it. I have never met a 15 year old with a stronger testimony and desire to be good. Before Jan left we had a family night where we basically had a testimony meeting and also took time to give advise to Jan. Kel bore such a strong testimony of the gospel and his love for Jan and how he knew that a mission was the best thing Jan could be doing. You all would have been amazed at his spirit.
Jordan and Michelle are amazing. We love to hang out with them whenever we can. The are both staying very busy with work and Michelle is running all over Northern Utah between teaching dance and going to school at UVSC. Jordan is still working at Ideal Lease and I think he's enjoying it. Their apartment is only about a block and a half from Trolley Square so we had a little scare the night of the shooting because they do spend some time at the mall but we were safe there.
Harley is still taking Ballet once a week and she loves that. Monica bought tickets to "Sleeping Beauty" that Ballet West put on and Harley and I went to that a couple weeks ago. Not exactly my favorite outing but the time spent with Harley was worth it. The only thing about it she didn't like was that there was no talking so she couldn't figure out what was happening a lot of the time. She is also working with Michelle practicing for a play. One of the places Michelle works is a theatre school and Harley went and tried out to be in Annie. She will be in the play but I don't know what part she'll be playing, maybe Molly.
Eliza is so fun. She has really turned into a daddy's girl. We play a lot and I enjoy my little talks with her. I think that she is about ready to start dance too. Maybe in the fall when Harley goes to school. She is my little sweethart and she is always saying the funniest things. The other day Monica's Grandma had curlers in her hair and she kept yelling to get Grandma's attention because she wanted to let her know that with her hair like that she looked like a monster. Pretty funny but maybe you had to be there.
Beck has had a busy week. On the day that he turned 5 months old he started to sit on his own for a minute. So he now sits, rolls all over and his first tooth has come through the gums and we can feel a couple more ready to poke through. He is very quick to smile and he loves to watch his big sisters.
Now that I've bored everyone to death I just wanted to comment on a couple other posts.
Brooke, It's good to hear that you are feeling better. We will be joining the rest of the family this Sunday to fast for Ellyn. She's so sweet and we know that the Lord will help her progress. Tell your family hello from the girls and us. Harley is always asking when her cousins are coming over again. She has a better memory than most people and she even remembers what they did when you came and stayed with us.
Jess, I feel for you. Remember that we are close too. If you need anything just let us know. We are so excited for you and Tony. You two are going to make great parent's!!!
Geoff and Darla. I am really sorry that we weren't able to help out when you needed us. Please let us know how you're doing and if there is anything we can do from here for you.
Ok, it's late and I'm at work trying to make some extra money. If you get the itch to take your family to the dentist, don't. (J/K). Thank goodness for insurance. Meagan I remember your story about taking your kids to the dentist awhile back. Don't ever feel bad. After insurance pays it is still going to cost us $1000.00 to get our families teeth fixed. I thought we were doing so good brushing our kids teeth but I guess not good enough and we need to start flawsing their teath as well.
Well, I feel like I have rambled long enough and I don't know if this even made sense so forgive me. I will post soon when I'm more awake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home