Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life

It's about time. I am so excited to start participating in this great blog endeavor with all of you. I have been reading to catch up, but please be forgiving because i may be a little behind for awhile.
Sorry about Benny Meags. My kids were there only a week ago. Luckily it actually went quite well. Harley had to get a root canal and cap, and liza had a few fillings. I told them that we were going to the dentist to get jewelry on their teeth, and they were ecstatic. I think with the vanity in mind they were willing to do any thing. Liza went first. They started her on the gas and then they were going to deaden her, but they ended up not needing to. She had 5 cavities filled with no tears. The only thing she cried about was that she couldn't see her jewelry because they had put in the white fillings(thank goodness) instead of the traditional silver. Harley was a different story with the root canal, they had to do the gas and deaden her. She did amazingly well to, and has a beautiful silver molar to show for it. She was in tears after we left the office because she was dead on that side of her mouth. She sadly has to return for another one (on the other side) on the 30th. I am not sure she will be so happy about it this time she really hated not having any control of her mouth. It is also quite hard to forget the pain after the anethstetic wears off. Needless to say I have not said much about the upcoming one for fear we will not be able to get her into the car. It truly has been a crazy tooth month for us. We went in for our cleaning a month ago and a month later we will have paid over $1700 for the work. I think between all of us we will have 2 crowns, 2 root canals and caps, and 11 cavities. Yeah it was not a proud day for me when they confronted me with that. When I came home after our initial appointment I was physically ill, and couldn't knock it for a day. The good news is we are going to Joan's office. She just took it over in the last few weeks, so she will receive a percentage of that. I would much rather fund her than some crazy stranger.
Well life has been busy. Two weeks ago they sustained me as Young Women's President in our ward. For a couple of weeks I have felt like I was running at a standstill. I am the only women returning, I called a completely new leadership which has been a riot, but it has been alot of work. The first week I was on the phone for hours with the former leaders who were really struggling with their realese. My new presidency is really young. At our first meeting I was floored when I found out that my first counselor is 25 and has just started a 20 week nursing program. My second counselor and secretary are both 27 like my self. I hold our meetings in the nursery room. Because we are all young mothers with little children. Infact my second counselor just had her second on the 27th of December only a year and 2 days apart from her first who was born on christmas day the year earlier. It seems crazy, but this is exactly what the Lord wanted. It has really been an adventure, but every time we get together I know it couldn't be any different. Cameron teases me constantly saying that he will be talking to himself for the next three years. I think it is a little overwhelming for both of us. Luckily I have an amazing husband who is willing to pick up any loose pieces.
This weekend was a blast we had a visit from Ellynn and Jason on Sunday. They were going to pick up LeAnne from the airport and spent their time waiting with Robbins clan at my house. Luckily Jack and Joan's families were able to join in the fun for awhile. Sadly as of 10:30pm Sunday evening LeAnne was still stuck in the Phoenix airport. Where she had been for 2 days waiting for a flight to Salt Lake to pick up Brinds new car. I have not been updated on what has happened since, but hopefully she made it.
Life is busy, but I don't think any of us would have it any differently. I love you all. And will be blogging soon.

Moni

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home