Friday, May 11, 2007

Va

Meags, i've been meaning to comment about Hazel and just haven't yet. How's the whole potty training thing going? That's so great if it's still going well. My sister Emily potty trained herself at 18 months. I can't imagine. Dayne seems to be more AWARE than Cole was of her "business", but I'm not even in that mode yet to start her with the whole training thing. We got back late last night (finally!) from California. The trip was very enjoyable...mostly because California just has the dreamiest weather. We were VERY anxious to get home to Geof. though. We left on Wed. thinking we'd have no problem getting straight home, but when we reached Phoenix, we couldn't get on any flights. Oh how I love stand by. I really did look ridiculous with my enormous pregnant belly and two wild children running wildly through the airport. No, I did not have a stroller. After missing two flights, I went to the USAirways cust. service desk and called Le Anne to get Mindy and Lowell's number (thanks Le Anne!). Mindy graciously accepted my desperate plea to stay with her for the night. What a blessing they're there! Their kids are sooo great and helpful. They adored Cole and Dayne. And of course Cole did not want to leave their doggies or Kale. Mindy drove us to the airport early the next morning and stayed with us the whole time until we got on a flight to Philadelphia at 10:45. I don't even know if we'd have gotten on that flight had it not been for the fact that the woman working the counter had seen me the day before in the same clothes, accompanied by the same tired children. Dayne slept the whole 4 1/2 hour flight over and Cole quietly played with his playdough (a gift from my mom) while I tried to sleep. I'm so done with this pregnancy. My dr. told me she'd induce at 36 weeks if I look like I'm gonna have another giant of a child. The only problem with induction is you pretty much have to do an epidural, which I don't want to do this time. I'm more frightened of that huge needle in my back, and whether or not it's going to work, than the actual pains of labor. So we'll see. When we arrived in Richmond I had to find my luggage and then get some help hauling it over to our car in the employee parking....another ridiculous sight. I'm sure most people think I'm a complete idiot for traveling alone...and without a way to restrain my children! I was so happy to finally be home. I rolled the windows down and let the muggy, not so cool air into the car and thought about Geof. the whole drive home. I tried to stay awake for his arrival but just couldn't make it. He got home around 12:45 and was so relieved that we'd made it (I didn't mention that I had no way of contacting Geof. this whole time. I washed my cell in the washer at my sister's). Well. That's the story. I hope all is well in your lives as summer is just about to begin. Jackson's pics are adorable. I wish we could of made it to the baptism. Cole talks about getting baptized all the time now. It's funny what that kid picks up on. I took him down to the river by my mom's the other day and when we were leaving, he said "mom, I want to get baptized in that river". So cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home