Monday, October 29, 2007

ColoradoBennett


Good morning bloggers. We had an eventful weekend. We put our house back on the market, went to a 3.5 hour birthday party 45 min. from home, took the last trip to Six Flags for their "Fright Fest", and had BBQ at our friend's house where Kaia puked twice. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: "Indiscriminate vomitors are the scariest thing imaginable." Darla, I've been meaning to tell you how much we loved the pictures you emailed out a while ago. And the book I told you I would mail to you is still in Adam's truck (I got it all wrapped up and ready to go the day I emailed you and asked him to take it to the post office since I vowed to never go again after my last experience, but he forgot). Meagan and Cory, the house is uber-cool. Does it have a basement for us? Can we set up our Yurt in the back yard? Keep praying for us to sell our house before the housing market totally falls to pieces (sorry, I've been reading financial reports with quotes from Warren Buffet saying things like "In the next six months, one year, two years, the problems in the mortgage market can cause a lot of problems with consumers and hurt buying power in the United States." Plus, a Congressional report released today said that 2 million subprime mortgage foreclosures are likely to occur by 2009 if home prices continue to decline. The report also estimated that $71 billion in housing wealth will be lost. Scary.)
Our sweet little Kaia is off the charts lately in craziness. Here is a picture of her in a Costco box which she insisted was her new bed and that she would sleep in it every night (notice the room is very messy, that's not my fault). She also likes to insult others by saying "And then I'm going to kick you, like a little chicken."(that's not my fault, either). Yesterday she came into my room with a devious look on her face. I asked, "Kaia are you up to no good?" And she said, "Yes". Then Sierra comes running in and said that Kaia took the fish out of the fish tank. I didn't believe her so I went into their room and sure enough, empty fish tank. I yelled for Adam to get the fish away from Kaia who was now hiding in our closet. At first we thought the fish was a gonner because he just sunk lifeless to the bottom of the tank, but after a bit he began to revive. Sierra and I and were close to tears.
Yesterday was our Primary Sacrament program. Sierra did great with her lines, but she just couldn't help but be a goof-off when she was standing with the group singing. Several people came up to me afterwards and said, "boy, you sure are going to have your hands full with that one." Then Adam had to hold me back so I didn't deck 'em. Ha ha. But really ...why do people say things like that?

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM , Blogger Chelsea Covington said...

Ha, that is really funny. Ike always ends a sentence with "like a chicken" as well. Don't know where he comes up with that stuff...

 
At 9:22 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Mindi,
you're hysterical. You know me so well. I WAS going to look that book up on AMazon.com, but thought I'd wait until I finish the other 3 books I've been meaning to read. Anyway, I get the "wow, you've got your hands full" line ALL the time with my kids. I just return it with "yeah, I've never heard that one before."...jokingly of course. (:

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home