Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bavaria

1. Wrapping paper or gift bag? for Christmas, wrapping paper
2. Real tree or artificial? when we were in Georgia and live were as expensive as fake I broke down and bought a fake tree. It works well though because we can decorate for Christmas and leave for vacation with everything still up.
3. When do you put up your tree? as soon as my kids nag me enough. This year Jane and Sadie set it up all by themselves while I sat on the couch (I did decorate it).
4. When do you take down your tree? 1st week of January
5. Do you like eggnog? way too much
6. Favorite gift received as a child? ski lessons, then my beautiful birkenstocks
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, the coolest one ever, it was made by a mission in Poland. A couple of others as well.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My husband, I always want to get something he will like but not think of but he has very specific lists. I think he feels the same way about me.
9. Easiest person to buy for? My husband as well.
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? some ugly socks- a long time ago
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? it depends on the year. Every three years or so I send them, no this is not going to be one of those years.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? It's a Wonderful Life and The Family Man
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? mid-November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? ummm...yes but not to family
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? dad's whole wheat pudding, dad's fruitcake, mom's chocolates
16. anyone notice there's no 16?
17. Favorite Christmas song? listening to The Messiah
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? I love Christmas both ways as long as Michael and my kids are with me. We do like the vacation part with extended family.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? since I was three, I was amazing
20. Angel or Star on top of tree? nothing, same as Adam, I haven't found anything I like. I lean toward stars.
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning? I pretty much wheedle all surprises out of everyone well before Christmas. But, one Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? not having my husband here, Wal-mart when all you need are batteries. I pretty much ignore the idea that some people don't want to celebrate. That's offensive to me.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Everything, the mood, the music, the giving and getting, the food, the family nativity, the Christmas Devotional, playing for two weeks straight, Christmas lights. It is magical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home