Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cortney's wedding

Okay I know you don't hear from me so often but I wanted to write a quick note. About 2 years ago, a couple of my kids came to me asking who would be with them when they went through the temple? That's all it took. I wanted to be there when my kids went through the temple. I knew the time was coming when Cortney and Rodger would get married. The time came a little quicker than I thought but non the less I started working towards that goal. Through my process of becoming temple worthy the 2 things that kept me going were, my kids asking, who would be there with them? The other was picturing in my mind them entering the temple for the first time and being married there. (For those of you that have kids you know you would do anything for them.) Once I started the process I knew I was going to make it and I would be able to fulfill my dream of being there for them.

Yesterday Cortney went through the temple for her endowments. I was so excited that it was me that got to sit by her and be there with her! It brought back many memories of my Mom being there with me for the first time. I was also loving it because many of my extended family was there also. Paula, Monica, Cameron, Jack, Kev, Alicia, Little Kev, Rodger's dad and step mom, Holly, and Grandma and Grandpa Bennett. (I know my Mom was there also!!) I think Cortney survived. I'm so excited for next Saturday to see them be sealed to each other. I've thought about some of the sealings that I have seen recently, and because I haven't been to so many, actually all I can remember is Brind's and my own. Just a little FYI, Brad and I went through 1 year to the date of being married one year earlier. We got to have Chelsea come in when she was almost 7 months old. They layed her on her stomach, on the alter, after Brad and I were sealed, then they said a pray and sealed Chelsea to us. I'll never forget, in the middle of the prayer he mentioned, in the prayer, something about Brad holding her with his right hand, which at the time he wasn't, I peeked open my eyes and saw Brad's finger reach over and touch her with his right finger, just to make sure the blessing was took.

I hear that a lot of you are coming to Cortney and Rodger's wedding and ceremony. I can't tell you how honored I feel that you would take the time and travel the distance to do this. From what I told you above, I have looked forward to seeing this event take place and am so proud that the little family that our Mom, Grandma, and Great Grandma started and that she has so many worthy children, grandchildren and spouses to be there! I know that Cortney has really struggled with whom is included in the lunch after, as well as myself. Because of other extended family from Rodger's side that will not be there to witness the ceremony, they felt they needed to draw the line somewhere. I can't tell you the feeling I had when I saw everyone in the temple yesterday supporting Cortney and Rodger, that were from our family. I hope you understand and know that to me, you are there for the most important time of the day, to celebrate, and to actually witness their sealing.

Please know that you are more than welcome to stay at my house, any of you, and if you let me know what you would like me to stock my house with, as far as food or whatever I will do it for you. I love you all and my family means the world to me and I know it does to Cortney also. Grandma Arlene, Grandma Thomas, Granny, Mom, however we know her, you know she has to be proud.

Love you and be safe!

Love, Joan

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Well done!! And yes Mom is so proud and very much so of YOU!!! Love Me

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger Cortney said...

Thanks Mom. That was well said and I know both Rodger and I are very pleased that so many of you will be there. Thanks in advanced. We really appreciate it and cannot wait for the big day. I hope you all enjoy it as much as we will:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home