Monday, May 19, 2008

SA, TX

Wow, I don't even want to discuss how long it has been since I have posted. I dare say it was pre-wedding! Ridiculous...

Much is happening as you may have heard. Joey and I will be moving to Texas at some point this summer. We will have full custody of the boys and they will primarily be living with us. It will be such a better situation for everyone, especially Keaton and Isaac. They do not know of our plans because we are holding off so we can tell them in person. They come out for part of the summer in less than 3 weeks, June 6th to be exact. :) Then we will all go back together.

We will be living just north of San Antonio in a suburb called Helotes. Joe and I went down there in April for a long weekend and fell in love with the place. We of course crammed in as much fun as we could for three full days with the boys. It was so much fun, but saying goodbye becomes next to impossible. As all of you with children can imagine, it is seriously heart wrenching. A long distance relationship for a father and a son really isn't an option anymore. In result, Texas is our option.

I am really excited to start a new adventure. I'm not going to lie, I find myself in a midst of anxiety at certian parts of the day, mostly thinking about all of the chores that come along with moving out of state. Who knew it was so expensive? Not me, I think I'll choose to blame it on gas prices. Any cheap/smart tips from any of you fellow movers would be much appreciated.

There is still a ton to do and not much finalized other than our minds being made up. Joe is making some changes at his current company and may be able to do sales for them in Texas. I will try and keep you up on the news. I promise to be better. I will be joining the blogging world and starting one of our own before we leave.

Quick update on the girls:

Ashley is graduating High School and will be working through the summer. She recently started at Zions Bank as a teller. In the fall she will be moving to Provo to go to school with a handful of her girlfriends at UVSC (UVC now?)

Lindsey finished out her softball season at Davis High and loved every minute of it. Unfortunately her team really didn't do the greatest, but oh well, right? :) She is working at the local baseball field keeping scores for different leagues.

It's 4:59 right now and I'm still at work, I've gotta go. I refuse to stay past 5pm. I'm serious.

~Chels

2 Comments:

At 5:33 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

How exciting Chels, it will be quite an adventure! It is funny because just the other day, Ton and I were watching the playoffs and somebody said "San Antone" and I told Tony it would be sweet if we lived in San Antonio because then I could say we lived in San Antone and now you are going to live there. Sweet!

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

thanks for blogging chels. i'm so excited for you! texas will be great! never been there but everyone i've known from texas is extremely proud of it so it's gotta be good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home