Monday, December 27, 2010

KS Bennett Christmas "Card"

2010 was a crazy year for us! 2 moves and a sooner-than-we-thought pregnancy, left us reeling and we are still working to get back into a routine. The move to Kansas was particularly difficult for me (Julia), being sick and lonely is NOT a good combination to say the least. But now that the nausea is gone and we are in a new clean place, my whole opinion of Kansas has changed! :) We are making lots of new friends and continue to be touched by the kindness and generosity of the people around us. We started going to a new ward that is awesome, and even I hope that we get to stay put for awhile.

Brind is a real star at the office, his hard work and clever thinking continue to be noticed. He loves his job and wants to go back to school so he can further his opportunities at US Bank. He is taking advantage of the sunny weather by biking and taking crazy long walks. I cannot sing his praises enough.

I just got back from a little trip back to Washington. I sure miss my family, so it was a real treat to see everyone! I am happily getting our new apartment in order and making it "homey". And other than taking care of Violet, I am gearing up for little Brind to come in April.

Violet is a little dream! We love her SO much... this girl has become quite the copy-cat and keeps us in stitches with what she says. She TOTALLY is a daddy's girl and will sometimes just chant "DAD!" around the house. I can't believe how big she is, she goes to nursery next month!

Baby Brind is due mid-April. His ultrasound proved that he is measuring taller than average and he is ahead of schedule for growth. Already taking after daddy.

I have to include this totally cool blurb from our stake Christmas letter, "We are grateful for the opportunity that Christmas gives us each year to reflect upon the miraculous birth and the exemplary life, and the atoning sacrifice of the Savior Jesus Christ. What a blessing it is to be a member of His restored Church in the latter days, and to live in this special area so rich in Church history past, present and future." Oh! It gives me the chills... how could I not be happy to live here?

This year has brought our little family closer to each other and to the Lord. We see His blessings in our lives constantly! We are so grateful for the love of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and the gift of another little spirit coming to us "on loan" from Them :) We love you all SOOOO much and we miss you everyday. Next time you're in Kansas please come stay with us! :)

Love, the KS Bennetts

4 Comments:

At 9:08 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Sweet letter, Julia. I want to see pics of the new place! (:

 
At 10:18 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Wonderful letter Julia. I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. We would love to come see you in Kansas. Hopefully we can make that happen.

 
At 5:49 PM , Blogger Jane said...

LOVED the update and your Christmas letter. We are so excited for your family. We love you! This is Brooke by the way, I'm just to lazy to sign out as Jane and sign back in!

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

What a cute letter. I'm glad to hear you are all doing well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home