Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ColoradoBennett

I'm going to copy Julia and post about a dream I had last night about the family. We were all together staying in a big condo. Everyone got up around 5:30 a.m. to go to breakfast, but some how I missed that memo. I sent Ruby and Tristan with the main group and stayed behind to get Sierra ready for school (no idea why I was making her go to school while the rest of us were on vacation?). I knew we were going to be gone a long time (probably to Disney or something) so I was trying to talk to a group of moms to see if they could pick up Sierra from school and let her hang out with them until I got back. They kept telling me no, and I was really embarrassed that I didn't know any of their names or phone numbers (it hit me yesterday that I don't hang out with anyone who isn't LDS, I need to change that). I got to the breakfast in time to hear Pa say that we were late to catch the train and everyone needed to be on the bus. On the bus I noticed that Ruby and Tristan were still in their jammies. I got the bus driver to pull over so that I could run back to the condo to put on their clothes. I had Tristan over my shoulder like a sack of potatoes and he was hitting me on the back because he was so mad about leaving the bus. I was using the other hand to balance Ruby's head 'cause I didn't want it flopping around while I tried to run. I remember feeling like I was about to burst into tears wondering how I was going to dress them, run up hill to the train station and get on the train in time. Oh, and I never did get breakfast AND Adam was there just not helping me 'cause he was talking with Cory the whole time. Then I woke up.
Least you think I'm too pitiful, I'm really hanging in there pretty well in Adam's absence. I have lots and lots of help from family and friends. I've had several miraculous experiences where I felt so terribly overwhelmed, then said a prayer for help and immediately felt a strength beyond my own and a feeling of peace and happiness.

Here is a video I made of our trip to the National Western Stock Show (one of my very favorite family traditions):

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I HATE dreams like that! The great thing about them is waking up. Cute pictures! Love the cowboy hats :)

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Oh Mindi. Dreams like that make me crazy! Oh, and the video thing, do you have to have a MAC to do one? I really, REALLY want to learn how!

 
At 1:35 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Darla, you can make movies with a PC. I think Windows has something called Movie Maker or something like that. It is all about having the right program and it does the work for you, sort of.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home