Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Beginning

This weekend marks the beginning of my favorite time of year (although, now that I think of it I have lots of "favorite" times of year). Friday night we met up with friends at a frozen yogurt shop. Four families, 14 kids between us, boy were they happy when we finally cleared out of that place. Then Adam invited everyone back to our house for an outdoor movie. He has been planning a way to set up the projector outside for years, and it finally happened. Only one family was tough enough to show up. It was stinking cold and they just moved here from San Diego. But we watched "The Sandlot" and had a great time. Then Saturday night was a BBQ and volleyball game at our place. We begin training for the 3rd year of mud volleyball right now. Awesome. I wish I had pics to post, but I'm just not that with-it.

6 Comments:

At 5:13 AM , Blogger Darla said...

You're AWESOME, Mindi! You guys are always doing fun things--and you're living IN THE MOMENT enough to NOT take pictures. Good for you. :) My kids would rather me play with them then take pictures.

 
At 5:13 AM , Blogger Darla said...

*than take pictures ;)

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

I want an outdoor movie night! It is my favorite thing!
I love each season for some very good reason! It seems I am always sorry to see summer go, but I can't say the same about winter. Maybe that is the true test. I know I would miss winter if we didn't have it...

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

an outdoor movie watching the sandlot! that is summer perfection right there! i love it! lets do it for the 4th!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger Ellynn said...

an outdoor movie watching the sandlot! that is summer perfection right there! i love it! lets do it for the 4th!

 
At 8:39 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Oh I'm in love. It's a good thing for you Cory got this job before I saw your place or we would already be living in your basement.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home