Thursday, May 03, 2012

18 Hours

I finally got my collage up from our Nauvoo trip. Thanks Darla for your photography skills :). What an awesome trip to look back on.
Adam moved three hives from my parent's place to our house. The next day a bunch of bees swarmed to the top of our neighbor's tree. Our attempts to get them back have failed. I won't tell you the bad names Adam used to describe those traitor bees.
This is Adam fixing Kaia's bike tire. I really really tried to fix the tire while he was gone, but failed. In fact, I tried to fix the tire on the GT & the BOB also and failed on both of those. Which is really worrisome since at this time tomorrow I will be in Fruita, CO about to race in the 18 Hours of Fruita mountain bike race. Here's the story: So I really like Megan Weber. She is married to Adam's friend, Jake Weber. On Facebook today she tagged me and said I should join Jake's mountain bike team for the 18 hours of Fruita race this weekend. Apparently, Jake is part of a co-ed team and their one female racer had to drop out. If they didn't get another girl they would have to forgo the race. I don't know why I volunteered. It is a 4 1/2 hour drive one way for me, I haven't really mountain biked since pre-Sierra days, but I'm super excited. Jake says it'll be easy, Adam assures me it will be really hard. I know better than to believe Jake. But there will be 5 guys & I, we each take a turn on a 7 mile loop, and ride and ride for 18 hours. Apparently it is a really big party to boot. I guess I see it as a once in a life time opportunity to race on a team like this (i.e. they don't care how slow I am, they are just happy to have me there so they can still race). Of course it would be so much more fun if Adam and the kids could join me out there, but alas Adam went back to work today. My mom is excited to take the kids. So it'll just be me, long car trip to listen to my audio books, in a tent all by myself, on a bike in a beautiful place...wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM , Blogger Darla said...

RAD, Mindi!! Oh my goodness, I might have even said yes to that (even though I'm terrified at doing anything that might get me injured). I'm so excited for you! Camping solo/books on cd/and a mountain biking race...sounds like heaven to me!! (take pics)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home