Sunday, July 08, 2012

CO life

I was at the park with the kids a few weeks ago. I was pushing Ruby on the swing and looking at Facebook on my phone. Suddenly, a guy next to me (also pushing his child on the swing) said "Are you looking at Facebook?". I was embarrassed thinking I laughed out loud at a status or something (oh, and speaking of that...have you seen Alicia's status with a link to a pinterest post with kids plotting to drive their mother bat %^*# crazy, I thought I might die laughing). Anyway, this guy starts talking about how facebook is addicting and he won't put it on his phone. I started feeling guilty, put the phone away and went off to play tag with the kids (a great HIIT work out). Later, I was listening to a book Adam recommended, "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body", and the author quoted from another book (forgot the title) which talks about facebook, texting, etc. being addictive and messing with our dopamine levels. While we were at my parents cabin for the 4th I caught myself checking fb way too often. So I'm going to cut back and focus on other things...like blogging. Here are a slew of pics:

A friend of mine moved away to NE, so I got 11 other girls together and we all made a quilt square that reminded us of Erica. I put it all together, badly, but she loved it anyway.
I tried to have Kaia take a picture of us having a delightful family dinner, celebrating Adam being home after 10 days of work, but we had some photography skill issues. Our garden was suffering in the extreme summer heat (we've had the hottest June ever recorded in CO history, my car therm. read 108 several days!), but we had a few wonderful downpours the last two days.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Everything looks beautiful....even the plants!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home