Friday, October 26, 2012

#1

That's right after 14 years I finally got "Best All-Around Chili" tonight at the ward chili feed. I made scrumptious white bean and chicken chili, taking the time to roast my peppers and adding 1/3 of the amount of cheese called for (instead of none), and 1% milk over skim (but still not the half and half called for). It's a proud day at the Allen house. Some of Cory's scouts suggested I frame my certificate and hang it for all to see. I might just do that. So when you're feeling gloomy and cold this winter just jump in your car and make the 20min to 4day drive on over and I will make you the best chili in battle ground!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 Comments:

At 9:07 AM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Congratulations Meags! You barely had to compromise your standards to win! It was yummy!!! Wasn't that originally Kathleen's recipe? I did not get near enough so I am in...I will come over and match socks while you roast peppers for me!!!

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

A major award indeed! Our ward cook off is next Sat but Pop hasn't gotten an elk in the last two years...so I have no elk to make his elk chili recipe (which has taken 1st place the last two years). I'm just bringing rolls and am quite depressed about it.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger Darla said...

I've tried commenting on this post three times! Maybe this time will work? Nice job, Meags. I'd drive the 4 plus days for some of that chili. Mmm!!

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

You're a super star!! Can't wait to try it!

 
At 7:19 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Way to go!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home