Thursday, April 14, 2005

ColoradoBennetts

There are 509 things on my to-do-list, but I cannot resist the blog. Alicia, your fears about grocery shopping cracked me up. I had the same thoughts and so I made a pact with myself to not go shopping with the two girls and myself alone. A few times I was forced to break that pact and have paid the price dearly. For example, the Elders were coming for dinner and last minute I decided I needed to run to the store. I had a $5 dollar off for every $25 spent coupon at Albertsons so I drove the extra mile to go there. Everything started out fine (Sierra rarely gets in the cart for me either, she does for Adam because he steals cookies from the bakery to give her) because I miraculously got Kaia from the car to the cart without waking her. About half way through, she wakes up mad mad mad because Sierra, who was pushing the cart, ran it into the milk cooler. Sierra has a meltdown because I restrict her navigation privledges and I have to drag her into the produce section. Two babies kicking and screaming, mass hysteria, pretty much the scariest thing imaginable. Plenty of furrowed brows from my fellow shoppers who don't have children. I finally make it to the check out and because so many brain cells and nerve endings are fried by this point I mistakenly get into the self-check out section. I had way too much stuff because they were having a 10 for $10 sale. An employee comes walking over as though to tell me I shouldn't be in the self-check out but when she sees the expression on my face she quickly turned around and acted busy at her desk. My eyes must have said something like "I'll regret it later if I hit my own kids, but I wouldn't mind taking a swing at you, lady." So Sierra is attacking the gum stand, Kaia is screaming, and I'm self-checking in 10 cans of refried beans, 10 cans of pineapple, and 10 cans of cream of chicken soup slowly by hand. I finish the final payment process and realize that I forgot to use my coupon. I gather up my maniacs, throw the groceries in the cart (refried bean cans cracking my eggs, I don't even care) and head to the Customer Service desk. I plead with the woman behind the counter to take my coupon and refund me my precious $5. She said, "Oh we used to do that, but we don't anymore". Why even torture me with the fact the your policy has changed just in time to exclude my current desperate situation!!! I smile, fight back tears, and somehow make it to the car (Sierra stopped to look at the gumball and toy machines and got left behind the automatic door, it took a few minutes for someone else to leave the store and open the door so that Sierra could be persuaded to exit). Case in point, don't take two kids to the store with out someone to help you. Now, back to the laundry....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home