Friday, May 20, 2005

Happy Birthday Chelsea!

I know tomorrow is your birthday, but I am afraid that either I will forget to post on a Saturday or you won't get a chance to read it. So have a wonderful birthday Chelsea, and a fabulous day off today. How old are you anyway? Is this 20? How old are all your sisters and what are they up to? Besides softball and waking you up at all hours!

Cam, Mike and I both enjoyed the barber analogy. Does Monica get to read the blog yet? How is your house selling going? Was that guy serious?

Jess, Mike really liked that group. I can't remember, Oh Keane, Right? Anyway, he bought the i-tune cd. He played me snipets the other night and I have to agree. I also have to agree with the advise thing. Our arguments just escalate when we're tired. Whoever first came up with that idea must have been a pansy and not really married.

Well we had quite a day yesterday. It started out fun. Mike had the morning off so he came with me and the girls to Jane's field day. It was really well planned and very fun for the kids. They had a rock climbing wall as one of their stations and the guys let me climb it barefoot. They had a bubble station where they used all sorts of things to make different shaped bubbles, Sadie loved that. Then they also had a bunch of the usual...obstacle courses, relays, long jump, etc... We stayed and ate lunch with Jane and then I took Mike to work and went grocery shopping and Jane continued on with Field Day. Well when I picked Jane up she said she wasn't feeling good, but that she had drunk plenty of water. I told her to come home and take a nap. We all took a short nap and then went to pick up Mike (the brakes are out on his truck). She still wasn't feeling very well. After another hour or two she started sobbing while I was on the phone with mom. Mike said she had heat exhaustion (which is what I had figured earlier but I didn't know how to treat it for sure, besides rest and water). We had to give her a cold bath, then she threw up. We kept making her drink water until she went to bed. This morning she is fine. I just wish they had planned a bit of a shorter day. It was 86 degrees with 100% humidity which puts it about 13 degrees hotter. I am debating letting them know. I don't want it to come out as a complaint because they had so much fun, but I think they should know it happened? Yes? No?

Today we are cleaning the house and going shopping for 4 birthday presents for parties this coming week. I swear, you need a birthday party budget all its own. I don't know how mom and dad did it with six of us. We did just have Jane going to parties but now it's Sadie too. I need to come up with clever CHEAP ideas and just use them every time. Maybe rotate them so they are new everywhere we move. Okay, I'm babbling now. I have to go change the sheets on my bed and clean my room. Until I blog again, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home