Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Ouch

Friday, the start of a needed 3 day weekend. Monica and I had made plans to take the kids to the park and have a picnic. We had some friends coming to meet us and we were really excited to get out. I got home from work only to find 4 dead birds in my pond. After spending 2 hours emptying the pond and cleaning it I went inside to find a house full of people waiting for me. I asked Monica why she didn't come out and tell me that everyone was there and she made the comment that she learned a long time ago not to interrupt me when I'm frusterated. I have no clue what she's talking about. So, we all decide we'll stop by Subway on the way to the park, when we walk in the kid working says, "you might want to go somewhere else, we are out of lettuce." Subway is right in front of a Smith's Grocery store, why don't they walk over and buy a head of lettuce. Anyway, we left and went to another Subway that did have lettuce. Finally we got to the park, ate dinner and decided to play a little frisbee. We were having a good old time. My friend and I were both running after the frisbee (we were playing 500) and the grass was just a little wet. I was wearing my flip-flop sandals and I slipped. As I went down my little pinky toe rolled under my sandal and "snap" my poor little to was facing the wrong way. Yes, I broke my pinky toe and yes I had to show everyone because the bruise covered the whole side of my foot. I thought it was pretty cool.
Saturday was better. We went to the Bountiful temple to see my niece sealed to my sister and brother-in-law. Harley loved it because she got to play at Heavenly Fathers house. Saturday night we took the kids to see "Madagascar". It was a good show, Harley and Eliza must have liked it more than we did because they both sat and giggled the whole time. Harley hasn't stopped talking about it.
Sunday was beautiful. My sister was up from Vegas so we hung out with them most of the day and spent time at the cemetary.
Monday was supposed to be a day in the sun at Pine View. However, when we woke up it was raining and it rained all morning. The best part about the whole weekend was that I got to stay with my kids the whole time. No matter what went wrong we had fun because we were together!!!

Joel, is doing great. I got a short letter from him today at work. He is working really hard. He seems to be changing, he recommended sushi to anyone who hasn't tried it. They had a baptism scheduled for yesterday so we hope to be hearing some more news there.

Better get back to work. Talk to you all soon.
Cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home