Thursday, August 04, 2005

My Turn



Since a few people chose to describe their days from hell I think I will take a turn. Ours has been this whole week though. OK, so last Friday we were supposed to close on the sale of our house. Monica got a call Thursday from the guy buying it saying he needs until the 15th of August. So, we called him back and told him that wouldn't do. I gave him the contact information of a friend of mine who owns a mortgage buisness and told him that he could do the loan and close it fast. So he meets with my friend and gets qualified 4 different ways, (according to my friend his problem has been getting qualified). After I heard that he was qualified I gave him until 8/8/05 to close or we are done working with him as we will lose the Layton house if we have to wait any longer.
Tuesday morning, I am driving to work in my great little 1986 Camry that gets 37 miles to the gallon and never had a problem. Anyway, I notice that I have lost a little power. Just then I look at my temp. gauge and see that it is way hot. Steam starts billowing out from under the hood of the car. I hurry and pull over, pop the hood to see that my radiator has about a 5" crack across the front of it. So, my dad towed me to work and I am trying to find someone to weld it or find a used one and just replace it.
Tuesday night. We think our luck has turned and in a way it did. We had a young couple come through our house and made a back up offer. So if the sale falls through on Monday we can close in about a week after that because they are pre-approved. Just as they are leaving it starts to rain. This is not a normal rain storm. My street was literally a river. The final estimate was that we got 2" of rain in 45 min. Our basement has never flooded before because there is a really good drain in the bottom of the stair well. They lady in the basement however had covered the drain with a hose and a flower pot. So we have emptied approx. 130 gallons of water out of the basement apartment in the last two days and finally feel like it is under control.
Ok, so there has been good and bad this week. I am just glad it's almost over.
I have said this before but if all goes as planned, now, we will be moving into the new house next Tuesday.
That's all for now, talk to you all soon.

Cameron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home