Sunday, August 07, 2005

When was the last time you were barfed on?

While Jess was having the best week ever, Kev and I were having the worst day imaginable on Friday. I took Maddie in for her first check-up and found out that what we thought in the hospital was a "harmless sacral dimple," needed to have an ultrasound done on it. My doctor didn't really give me anymore information than that it could be there because her spine hadn't fused all the way shut. I had to do my best to not start bawling right there in front of him. Visions of Maddie not being able to walk, in a wheelchair for the rest of her life kept running through my mind. Then they had to do her PKU and as she's screaming furiously Clo is staring at Maddie, getting more and more upset going - mom, mom, MOM! So we get out to the car and I call Kev half hysterical, sure that it was because I didn't take my prenatals as often as I should have. Anyway Maddie freaks out so I pull over at a gas station to feed her. Clo then wants a treat so we walk inside. As I'm pulling open the door, I smash it into Chloe's toe giving her a huge blood blister. She starts crying and works herself into a coughing fit. She can't stop and is insistent that I carry her out to the car. So, I'm in skirt, trying to pick her up, trying not to blow out a stitch and hold Maddie at the same time. Anyway we get home and Chlo's cough gets progressively worse throughout the day. She starts breathing really funny and labored so we have to take her into an after-hours clinic (it all kicked up just in time for the regular priced, normal hours clinics to close). As I'm getting Maddie ready to go over to mom's while we go, Chloe coughs so hard she throws up on Kev. Anyway, we get to the doctors and after a million prayers in the car that she doesn't freak out him, she does surprisingly well. The doctor had just finished talking to us and was going to go get a shot for her that would help with her cough when she threw up all over me. I've never seen that much come out of a person before. She kept saying "uh matter? oh gosh! uh matter?" - like what the crap is the matter with me? It was sad. Anyway, I then have to make a midnight run to Walmart for a humidifier and she throws up all over our bed while Kev was watching her. Anyway, luckily she had a good night and she's fine now, but what a day. Also, on a good note, I looked up sacral dimples on the internet and feel a lot better. There is the possibility that it could indicate something more serious, but I guess they are fairly common in babies. Most of the people talking about them on the internet where more concerned with poop getting in there than anything else. Ya, I'm real worried about that. Let's see, her ever being able to walk, or if poop is getting in there. Kev keeps telling me that if we just have faith it will all work out ok. We'll find out more on the 23rd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home