Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I am not a Blog Nazi, just a loving, concerned motivator

Okay, I know Cory was Ethan (if you would watch Lost you would know what I was talking about. We pretty much live on the island around here). What I do not know is who was dorky enough to draw the red box around the archives. Leash, hope that is finally cleared up for ya. If you don't know where they are now we should probably take your children from you for their own safety. Anyway, Meagan and I thought only Mike and and Cory were nerdy enough to know how to draw the box but evidently we have a closet dork we weren't previously aware of. Come forward, don't be ashamed. We love dorks, Meagan and I even married a couple of them.

Enough of that. Okay, you were wondering what could be more chaotic than Meagan and me trying to take our kids to all sorts of activities. Just add a couple of Colorado Bennett kids. We went to the Outlet Mall yesterday with all nine children. The retail engineers were crossing themselves as we entered. Relatively no harm done. Jane managed to find something to beg for in every store and Jackson knocked down a rack of 50 oxfords at Eddie Bauer, but beyond that we were okay. We just couldn't get that shopping bug out of our system and headed over to Costco for another 2 fun filled hours of shopping in bulk. I bought Ellyn and Sadie rain jackets in preparation for our camping trip to the coast this weekend. I've been trying to help Adam see the folly in taking nine children under the age of 9 to the windswept, rainy, chilly, Oregon Coast on a camping trip but I have lost. So I am anticipating a fun filled weekend of trying to keep my chilled, soggy children happy in a tent for the 14 hours a day it is too cold and wet to be on the beach. I'm sorry, just call me Eyeore (sp?). Don't worry, we are having great fun. We love each other and love spending time together and that's what makes every activity fun no matter the chaos.

Okay, I have to go e-mail the man I adore. Hope you all have a blogulous day.

P.S. Jess? New job I take it. Please enlighten us. Chels, hope the hair works this time around. Cameron, thanks for the site. I love Pres. Hinckley, I love the wisdom in all of his answers. He is so amazing, I know he is a living prophet of God. He is fully aware of what is going on in the world and stands firm in a way that is not offensive and yet unwavering. It reminds me of the poem that Mindi blogged. It has been very inspiring to me the past few months. It said something to the effect that we need to be as agreeable and kind as possible but we still need to keep what we know to be true and not be afraid to say it. Okay, that is kind of my own take on it. Alright, that's it for now. I love you all. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home