Friday, November 18, 2005

World War III Narrowly Averted -and- G'day Bidet!

For those of you completely confused by what just happened let me just say- we were confused as well. Leashy and I had a little communication glitch due to a crackly phone and I have Alicia here at gunpoint to agree with me. Don't worry, our Leashy will continue to blog and I know that is a relief for all of us. We are now all on the same page and that's enough of that. So that being said here is the blog that I had started writing before the you know what hit the fan.


Okay, I'm back from an absolutely wonderful trip with my one and only true love. It was so fun to be just two adults with no responsibilities. We could wake up when we wanted, eat when we wanted, decide to leave for the day and be out the door in two minutes (if I was already ready for the day that is). The worst part was leaving Mike again. I was so proud of myself for how well I did in September but this time I didn't have to "be strong for the kids." Oh, and I wasn't. I just don't know how many times in this career I can do this. I guess as many as I have to, it's what we have both decided we need to do for the next 15 years or so.

Well, as promised here is the bidet story. One day we went into Seoul and decided to eat lunch at Outback- hence the title. At the end of the meal I go use the restroom. On the stall door it gives detailed instructions for using the bidet feature on the toilet. I think "No, too risky. I am Brooke and with my luck..." It does state quite clearly that in order for the spray to turn off you need to push the stop button. So when I go to flush the toilet I don't see any flusher or sensor. On the side of the toilet are all these buttons for extra features, they are all in Korean. I think one even flosses your teeth for you. But...no obvious flush button. So I think I'll just delute the water a bit with a sprinkle from the bidet so it looks flushed (you put paper of all types in a garbage can next to the toilet- wierd) So I push the bidet button and I watch in horror as this nozzle immediately lifts and starts spraying the entire stall, including me. I was picturing this light sprinkle like I saw with the bidets in England, but no, this could have watered your lawn. I'm cowering in the corner of the stall and finally angle myself around most of the shower to push the stop button. Luckily I was not too grossed out because I saw that the nozzle was a seperate part from the toilet but the front of my shirt was totally wet, and yes, some of my hair as well. So I go wash my hands and then to dry myself I have to squat over these U shaped hand dryers they have over there, you put your hands down into the dryer. Of course I'm holding the front of my shirt down in instead. But I must say the whole time this is happening I am laughing hysterically to myself and thinking what a story this will be for the blog. So just as I'm leaving a girl from the table next to us comes in, so I rush out the door, down the stairs, and tell Mike we need to leave right away. I can't even imagine what she must have thought walking into a dripping wet stall. Maybe that it was condensation, or maybe a tropical storm, but most likely that the girl before her was a freaking idiot. So that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. I would love to keep writing on and on now that the knot I've had in my stomach for two days is gone but I told Jane she could finish her Halloween bucket for after school snack if she gave me all her Tootsie Rolls and right now they're calling my name.

I love you all. Blog out. Right Leash? Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home