Wednesday, December 28, 2005

How missionaries grow!

Im sending this to everyone cause its a pretty sweet miracle that you all can enjoy.
so yesterday we had an amazing day finding 4 investigators, the most I have ever found in one day. well 2 of them are pretty shadey, one is golden and one was a miracle.
so we are rushing home on our bikes in the snow to make curfew. and because we didnt have anytime we were only contacting young people, not to waste time with old business guys that never show any interest. well im riding in front of my companion and I come up on some business man and I hear, what I think is myself, say in my head `talk to that man` but i didnt and 15 feet behind him was another business man, and the same thing happened `talk to that man` but I passed him. Then I slamed
on my breaks looked back just in time to see him turn down some small street. I turned around real quick and rushed to him, I saw him start going to what I thought was his car oh and he was holding a bottle of alcohal in a bag, so I went faster to make sure he couldnt get in before I got to talk to him. well I stop him and give him some regular approach, I ask if he has any interest in anything Im saying and he says `everything except for families.` because he hates his family, and they hate him. so I start to talk to him a little more and find out that he thinks he is going to hell and there is no pssible way of going to heaven. (which is extremely rare, nobody in japan believes or really knows much about heaven and hell) so my companion and I start to tell him that god loves us, and teach him a little about repentance, but he wont have it. he said that he just makes the same mistakes over and over so it is hopeless. so I start to struggle for what I can tell him to convince him of the power of repentance, so I say a little prayer asking for the spirit to guide me and not let this man leave without making a return appointment because the gospel could help his life soo much. well early while I was telling him about repentance the idea `teach him baptism` came to me but I didnt think it really fit the situation. well then he said `well thank you, you guys go save a lot of people out there` and starts to walk away. then the idea came to me again `teach
him baptism` But this time I thought if he it came to me twice its gotta be the spirit, so I stopped him again and told him about baptism and becoming completely clean, but I didnt know where to go from there. then the spirit told me tell him about the spirit, so I did. but once again after that I was at a loss of words, but he says to us `hey its cold, lets go inside, this is my house.` we were standing in his driveway. so we went in, and as I was taking off my boots I was telling
my companion, `man im not sure what else to tell this man.` but he just said `follow the spirit`. well we went in and sat down on some couches and turns out this guy is just like a big kid. he opened right up and started showin us all these different toys that he has, for example toy car models, fake guns... well we were already like 30 min late for curfew so after a bit of playing I thought man how am I going to set a return appointment, then the simple idea came to me to give him a book of mormon, so I did and set up a return appointment for friday. phwwwduring the mission there are only a few experiences where I remember the spirit telling mesimple things that I followed and have a huge effect. well to sum it up, I just want to say that the Holy Ghost is really there, and that we can feel and recieve its guidance if we are looking for it. my zl told me the other day to follow the little ideas that come to us, so I have and in the past week I have seen miracles, this is the biggest one, but even if you think it is your own thoughts just follow them. for me most of them have been extremely simple but have effects that you can see, even if they are tiny.well I love you all, peace
love joel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home