Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

Oh Alicia, how I related to your tale of getting ready for church. In fact, so much so that Mike called up laughing and asked if I had read your blog yet and then said, "Sounds like us." Too true. This Christmas my girls have absolutely darling dresses (Jane could do with more) and I am wearing the same three skirts every Sunday that I have worn every winter for the past million years. It's funny because I think of my gray wool one as being new and I've had it for three years. My black one is seven years old this January- however it still looks great. You might be wondering what the third skirt is- a jean skirt which now has a broken snap. I know that if my husband is reading this he's thinking "Woman, than go get yourself some clothes and stop complaining." But I hate trying to find skirts or dresses that are long enough, that are machine washable, easy to wear for subbing in nursery. You know all the variables. So every Sunday we go out the door with the girls reasonably cute and I have wet hair still and put my make up on in the car. Yes, we have three o'clock church right now and I have still gone with wet hair. Next month it changes to 8 am. I am going to be changing out of my bathrobe and putting on my nylons as we drive down the road. The more I do in the car the better because the girls are strapped into place and if they do take off their shoes, which Sadie always does, they are right below them and not buried in the dress ups along with the dress they just took off in favor of wearing Sleeping Beauty dress to church. Yes, I am speaking more of Sadie than Jane right now. Jane just tries to talk me in to letting her wear her pioneer skirt to church.

Well Meagan's kids are asleep now and we are going to try to get some caramels made for Ellynn and Brind before they wake up. Wish us luck.

Cameron, Jane will be about the same age, I'm sure. How's Monie feeling?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home