Thursday, January 12, 2006

Hey Blogs and Blogettes

Hey Cameron at least you started, right? I have this overwhelming feeling that you guys had a pretty great home to begin with. I have to say that our regular nightly reading of the Book of Mormon was and is amazing. First of all the girls have calmed down during family scripture time 100%. A few months ago when we started reading the actual BoM with them and not just scripture stories I felt like the last thing I was getting was a spiritual experience. Now- knock on wood- they sit or lay quietly for the entire duration. Then one night as I was reading we came to a part that I thought was for sure going over even Janie's head. Jane stopped me and asked "so does that mean...?" She was right on track, she knew exactly what was being said. I was amazed and then she told me "Mom for a little while now I have been praying to Heavenly Father that I would understand the scriptures better and I really have." I think as a parent those are the moments to live for (they will come Leash, five years from now). We tried to decide what we were going to read next and we decided we are going to start all over. We are going to work on Old Testament stories for FHE to go along with what we are studying in Gospel Doctrine. Anyway, that is what our family is doing and I'm not telling you all to brag but as a way of sharing with you what has been an amazing blessing to our family (I know I've said it before). So what I'm saying to you Cameron, is that I can relate.

Chels- I'm so proud of you. That has to be a good feeling. I don't know why you're so anxious to be an adult but more power to you. I do think it is awesome that you are getting tuition reimbursement and insurance benefits. That's very cool. My only advice to Linds is this- you may never have another chance in your whole life to get to play something you love on a regular basis. Thirteen years later I still regret not doing soccer. Try that on for size. Chels, I hope that helps, it's true, but I find that teenagers never believe anybody over the age of 18.

So I don't know if I mentioned this, but I am staying at Mike's parents house for the next week and a half with the girls. We are taking care of Grandma Esther (Mike's dad's mom) while my mother in law, Barb, is back in Ohio with Mike's brother Tom and their new baby girl. Did that confuse all of you? It did me. Esther is 95 and she's a funny little lady. Several times a day she tells me that her youngest son had seven kids- that would be Mike's dad. She loves the girls and laughs at their antics all the time. She knows my name but doesn't remember that I'm Mike's wife. I guess she thinks I'm just a girl that brings her loud kids over to play on a regular basis.

Mindi and Adam, Mike is a bit concerned with the exchange student situation. You should have the house completely bugged;) Mindi, I'm concerned because you have to feed everyone while pregnant with your third baby. Forget the baby exam, go straight for the head. But if anyone can do it and enjoy it it's you. I am always amazed with everything that you accomplish.

So Cameron or Chels, what happened with the Salt Lake City apartment with Lydia? Did that not work out as well as everyone expected or was it just time to go your own way? Let me know.

Okay, now that this is a novella and my fourth night in a row of writing, I will say Auf Wiedersehen! I'm going to go study my German for about 5 minutes before I fall asleep. As always, I love you all. Blog, me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home