Monday, February 20, 2006

A good laugh at my expense.

I wasn't going to relate this story but my family sure thought it was funny and blog worthy.Picture this. Saturday afternoon I had cooked this delicious pork loin roast on our BBQ grill. It was so good and as we were eating this delicious chunk of pig it starts snowing outside. I love the snow, it's the 12 degree weather I'm having a problem with. Anyways, we finish dinner and sit down to watch a movie. Not that it matters but we watched "Zathura". A fairly good show, the kids liked it, but not really in the ball park of "Jumangi". The movie gets over and I go out back to put Kuya, my dog, in his kennel. When I walk out the back door I see that I left the lid to the BBQ grill open and there is about 2" of snow in my grill. Being the brilliant person that I am I think, "I'll just light the grill and melt the snow out of it". So, I turn the knobs to HI and push the ignite button. Nothing happens. Again, I push the button with the same result. A third time I lean forward just a little to see if I could hear the gas on and push the button again. Let this be a lesson. If you have a layer of snow on your grill it will hold the gas in and when it finally does light watch out. I don't know how high the flames went but they went higher than my face because it singed my eyebrows and eyelashes. I was pretty embarrassed and glad that it was late and nobody around to see it. I didn't realize that I had singed my face until I went back in the house and that burnt hair smell hit me. I normally fall right to sleep but that night it took be awhile because of the burnt hair stench infesting my nose.Hope you all get a good laugh at my expense. Keep bloggin.Cam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home