Saturday, March 25, 2006

Seattle Bennett living in Colorado

Long time no Blog
This week has been busy I keep saying after this wee; things will slow down and I will be able to get back to a regular type of schedule. No such luck the good thing is that I have been too busy to stop for lunch the bad thing is Miguel my good friend is on the job now and even when I tell him I don’t want anything he still brings me food. One of my new found joys of my new job site is that all of the city engineers, planners, inspectors and managers look out their window on to my project and feel that they are doing their jobs if they can nit pick every little thing that they think is wrong. My latest was when they complained about the road being dirty, so I scarped up any of the dirt, that wasn’t just a thin layer of dust, and then ran a water truck down the road. This then caused them to blow a gasket saying I was washing all the dirt into the storm sewers and they are now going to clog all over town if I don’t clean out the two storm inlets on my street. So being the nice guy that I am I told them I would clean my two and one other random inlet somewhere in town and if there was any where close to the same amount of dirt in the random third I will be dumping it in their front lobby so every time they walk by it they can remember to do their own job and let me do mine. The inspector that I told that to said he would love it, since him and I actually have a good relationship he had no issues with what I did.
Other than work I went to a presentation by this guy that hiked from the tip of Maine to the tip of the Olympic peninsula in Washington 7784 miles it took him 11 months and he did 1400 miles with snowshoes he wintered in Michigan Wisconsin and Minnesota 3 of the coldest states to be in the winter. The other mind blowing thing was that his total pack weight besides food and water was 13.9 lbs 18lbs in the winter. It was pretty amazing. He had this really cool stove that a highly recommend checking out it costs about a $1 to make and they work great easier than any store bought and about as efficient. Google alcohol stove or go to PCThiker.com even if your not a backpacker they’re fun to make (good scout activity) and you could use it for fondue at the very least.
Jess the key to biscuits and gravy is there is no recipe its all about the love. Call me though and I can walk you through it items needed Hot jimmy dean sausage, flour, milk, biscuits, pepper, and creole seasoning is always winner look for “Tony Chachere’s” that’s a good one. And don’t drain the grease you’ll ruin it.
Adam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home