Sunday, July 30, 2006

ColoradoBennett


Day 5. Adam and the girls are at church and everything is so quiet and peaceful around here. My aunt called to invite Adam and the girls to dinner so that I could have yet a little bit more quiet time. I'm slightly nervous about what will become of me when all my quiet time ends, but for now I feel like a Queen. Something about nursing balances out all my hormones and chemicals in such a way you'd think I just got beat with the happy stick. I feel fantastic and Tristan is an absolute joy. He did stay up from about 11 p.m. to 1 a.m. last night. I think he had a tummy ache but I found some liquid catnip and fennel in my cupboard and that seems to have done the trick. If you know anyone expecting babies, I really recommend they have some on hand for gassy, upset stomachs. My uncle Steve and his family stopped by yesterday to see the baby. He is completely opposed to home birth and was really upset with us for going that route. He doesn't say anything to me directly, except to refer to the midwives as "witches" whenever I bring them into the conversation. Pretty funny, to each his own I guess.
As for the middle name, 'Danger', you all can call him that if you want--if you hate me. Why would I allow Adam to bring that kind of curse on me as a mother to have a son who runs around saying, "Danger is my middle name" as he rides his bike off our roof or surfs through hurricanes or tries to build up an immunity to iocane powder or tries to use his ninja moves on grizzly bears. It sounds like an early death wish on this little boy I just worked so stinking hard to bring into this world. I've already asked the bishop to tackle him in the prayer circle if Adam even starts to make the sound of the letter "D" during the baby blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home