Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Less Than Two Months Away

I'm sorry. I feel like I haven't blogged forever but my life is such a downer and so drama right now I feel like it is just too melodramatic to write about. However, some good things have happened sooo I will be able to give you a little of both.

First, Ellyn finally got her appiontment for her autism screening. It is next Thursday. I am very anxious to hear what they have to say after assessing her all day. They should be able to tell me SOMETHING. She had an MRI a week and a half ago that just about put me under. She couldn't eat from midnight on and then they didn't get her in until noon. She was starving and then she was in getting the MRI done for three hours when I thought it would take 1/2 an hour or forty five minutes. Then when she woke up she started yanking the IV out of her arm and the tube started filling with blood and she was crying and I was pretty close to it as well. I saved that for when Michael called later that day.

But... now the good news. She said "play dough" yesterday at school and said "bye" to her therapist later that afternoon. Today I swear she said "up." Oh and her teacher today thought she heard her say "ball." We are pretty excited. I think it might be all the lake water she's been drinking.

Um....bad news now. Our tenants in our house in Oklahoma got evicted at the end of May and we have been covering the mortgage (which is luckily only $400 a month) since the beginning of May. Then we found out that to sell it we are going to need a new roof- $2,275, new carpet- $1,500, and a new paint job, around $500. Anytime I think about it I pretty much have a panic attack and can barely keep myself from getting committed to a nice peaceful place in the country.

Now good news... I called the housing department in Germany yesterday to find out if they had received the paperwork Mike had sent and they said they had and that they had a house reserved for us because we have an EFMP child (Exceptional Family Member Program). That is a relief. We had heard that they were two hundred houses short and were afraid we were going to have to find something clear out, which isn't the end of the world but this will be so much more convenient.

They come to get the last of our stuff on Friday. That means anything left at this house either has to fit in a suitcase or stay here for the next three years. Luckily this month is flying by. We leave for a family reunion in Eden on the 21st. It's a week long and then I plan on staying for a couple of more days to visit Geof. and Darla and cousins and Aunts and Uncles. It should be fun. I'm excited and a little stressed.

Jane and Sadie are doing great. Sadie has the loudest voice of any child I have ever heard. It is amazing. Jane just about died of embarrassment yesterday at the fabric store, she was almost in tears by the time we left. I just had to remind her of that old saying "people with kids will understand and people without kids never will." Let's just say that Sadie loved everything in that store and admired it in a very "hands on" sort of way.

Okay, that is my life. Luckily, Mike and both of my families keep me on the sane side of life. Now you know why I don't write too often. I do read the blog, if there is one, every day. Hopefully life will slow down once we move but right now I try to keep it as busy as possible for the kids so the time will pass quickly. They can't wait to be back with their dad.

I love you all and hopefully I will write more often. Cameron, tell Monica I loved seeing her on here and I will definitely look up what Germany has on autism. We will come see you all for sure. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home