Thursday, October 26, 2006

Bavaria

Guten Morgen family. Darla, that is about the extent of my German thus far. Actually I know a few other great phrases, like "I don't speak German," Do you speak English, I would like to buy..., excuse me/and or sorry, please, thank you, see you later, and my numbers to 100 if I REALLY think about it. Oh, also "Good Evening." Yes, I want to learn German, but I haven't started a German class yet. By the way, March sounds great. I'll PEN you in on my calendar. Just use one of the UVSC planes. I'm sure it will work.

As far as Jane homeschooling, no, we won't start that until next year when she is supposed to transfer over to the middle school. She loves her teacher this year and school is right across the street. The sixth grade was there as well until last year. Bummer!

I can't believe you will all be in Disneyland without us. You will all have so much fun and the blog will be DEAD. Chelsea and Jess if you are reading this I expect blogs, lots of blogs.

Everything here is going well. We finally have a system for helping Ellyn sleep through the night after many attempts and many failures. Last week she was up every night and one night only slept for three hours. So, if anyone is interested, not that it will really do anyone any good because Ellyn is Ellyn but just because I'm so excited about sleeping through the night, I'll tell you. First of all I took her off all Disney movies, ever since her strep throat she has been obsessed, leading us to the t.v. all day, screaming at me the whole time we're getting dressed or spending time upstairs ( also a strong motivator to get rid of movies ). Next, she has to go for a couple of walks or a trip to the playground every day, rain, shine, sleet, hail, just like a postman. She has to do the walking, she spends way too much time in my arms or in a stroller. The movies being off means she's not just laying on the couch watching and her little mind isn't getting overstimulated before bed. Last but not least she goes to sleep in a very dark room, Jane's room for now, because it has blinds, with feetless sleepers ( I cut out all the feet, because they make her hot and grumpy but we have to have the sleepers because she doesn't keep blankets on), with a fan going in the corner for noise. Quite the process and I've never liked really particular sleep routines because I want my kids to fall asleep anywhere, but I think all we'll really need is a fan and the porta crib when we travel and hopefully we'll be okay. Don't worry, my kids can still watch a movie here and there, just not Lion King, Little Mermaid, or Wallace and Gromet. Eventually I will let her go back to one movie a day, watched in little parts while I get stuff done but we had to take drastic measures. I'm sorry, I am sure this is totally boring for all of you. It has just been such an issue around here for us.

Darla, how did Cole's costume turn out? Mindi, how is Tristan doing? We haven't heard from you forever it seems. It could just be because I miss you and Adam. How is he?
Alright, I have to get Jane out the door. I love you all. Love, me

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM , Blogger Dave said...

Brooke,

I am interloping on your family blog but I did want to tell you that I am really impressed with what you figured out with Ellyn...and so glad that it worked so you can get some sleep. The extra sleep should be good for her too!!!! We love you guys!

Barb

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home