Friday, October 27, 2006

ColoradoBennett

Brooke, I'm glad you posted about your success in nighttime parenting with Ellyn. I truly believe kids are much better off with well rested parents then catering to any of their other wants or needs. I need to work harder to get my kids away from the TV and out on walks everyday, even through "snow, rain, wind or sun". I've had a few rough nights and feel like I'm living in "brain fog". Tristan's circumcision went really well. The Jewish Mohel who performed the operation is our new best friend. It happened on Monday night and we had the Wyman family over like we do every FHE. Brother Wyman really wanted to watch the procedure and I wanted to be as far away as possible. Of course it worked out totally opposite. Just as it was about to happen and I was going to run outside, Sierra ran in and said really loud "I have diarrhea!!". I had to go into the bathroom with her and Wyman had to go outside to distract Kaia and Pearl. So I had to listen to my poor little boy's cries, but to be perfectly honest I had a very calm feeling about the whole thing. The mohel (which is the name of a Jewish guy who performs circumcisions, and this guy has been doing it for 33 years) held Tristan for a while after it was all done and calmed him right down with a sweet little Hebrew song. If you ask me it was all a miracle that we were able to meet up with this mohel, get help from his urologist friend, and have everything work out fine. I feel strongly that if it would have been done at the hospital with the equipment they have there, Tristan would have ended up with long term trouble. So all is well that ends well, but loss of sleep is really starting to catch up to me. Plus, I'm teaching Joy School at our house this morning and we still have a lot of packing to do. I hear that Meagan is already packed and her kids are now walking around in clothes that are too small and non-essentials for the trip. You are just downright amazing Meags. I was so excited to tell you that I ran 4 miles for the first time in my life on Saturday, but I'm ashamed to admit that this week has been so busy I haven't ran at all. Consistency is going to be a big challenge for me. Unless of course I get Sierra and Kaia to run with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home