Friday, July 06, 2007

I can't think of a title....

Well, it's been a while again since I've posted. We have been so so so busy with Keaton and Isaac. I cannot remember the last time we have been home before 10pm, even during the week.... If it's not swimming, golfing, Lagooning, its something else. But this is truly why I love the summer. The fun never ends!

The 4th was great. Started out with the classic Kaysville parade, then swimming at "Miss Joan's" (as the boys call her), a hot hot round of golf and last but not least fireworks. The boys seemed to enjoy the "Kaysville" way of celebrating the holiday. It was pretty great.

I took Thursday off as well and Joey didn't work for too long. As I was falling asleep last night I realized that tomorrow (today) was Friday! Having two days off, my mind was thinking it was going to Monday. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. Feels like another weekend is about to begin. We are all pretty wiped out though, so we might just grill some steaks at home and go to blockbuster.

Work is slowly starting to pick up and it is helping my sanity. I have been insanely bored each and every day for the last few months. There is finally a light at the end of the tunnel!

Last night we planned a little get-a-way with my mom. We (Joan, Cort, Ash, Linds, Joey, Keat, Ike and I) are going to West Yellowstone (Island Park, Idaho) in August. We rented a house for a long weekend. Complete with river rafting, horseback riding, ect. It's going to be awesome. http://www.islandparkidaho.com/Yellowstone_cabin_rentals.html
Check out the link. They have ginormous cabins that sleep 35 people comfortably for $400 a night. Do the math, divide that by a mere 5 families and you've got yourself a cheap little piece of heaven. It's about 3.5 hours from our house so not too far. Keep that in mind because my mom is already trying to talk us into doing it for Christmas. We'll see...

Like I mentioned before we have been golfing sort of a lot. I am falling more and more in love with it. I have like 3 different tan lines, including an awesome one on my ankles from my socks. Keat and Ike love it too. This is Isaac's first year and he is doing better than expected. I made the mistake of letting him drive the cart (fully on his own at the age of 5) and I wasn't paying attention. For some reason he slammed on the brakes (on flat ground) and I almost flew completely out the front. My shoulder hit the metal bar that comes up from the base of the cart to connect the roof. Pretty crazy. It's fun though.

Meags, congrats on the race! That is awesome. I started getting a little worried recently when I realized my wedding dress is going to be arriving in less than 2 months. I need to whip myself into shape.

Darla, I'm so happy for you and little June. I'm also excited for pictures! I think child birth is amazing. (Haven't experienced it, but you know what I mean.) Joey's sister just had her third baby on the 4th of July. Her husband is in Iraq, so it was kind of ironic.

Brooke and fam, I read the story about the accident to Joey and we too were talking about how tough that would be. You guys are an amazing family! And congrats on the boy! I love the name... Boys are so much different than girls. I'm still not used to Keat and Ike and their "boy talk", but it's so much fun.

Adam and Mind, good luck with the house. I hate moving, it's such a pain. I hope it all works out!

Okay, I'll do the family update since I'm the only one from mine that blogs...

Cort put in her two weeks at the bank. She is going to work for my Dad at GBS instead. Her and Rodger are going to Las Vegas with his family for a real estate convention next week.

Ash is working an array of summer jobs. She cleans Alpine Dental each day, works at the local concession stand during soft/baseball games and watches Keat and Ike every Monday.

Linds turns 16 on July 18th and has been keeping the countdown current since Christmas, literally. Little Kev helped her find a car and my mom bought it yesterday. It's a Toyota Corolla. She's pretty excited. However, on the way there....Keat, Ike, my mom, Linds and I were all together. Lindsey was driving and we got pulled over for speeding. The cop was way nice and let her go, otherwise she wouldn't have gotten her liscense until January. Pretty lucky.

My Mom is already requesting days off before the wedding. I think she's more worked up and excited about it than me. :) Ha ha, just kidding.

Lydia, are you reading this? Since when do you think you can leave the country without even telling me? Your mother gave me her calling card info and I meant to use it on my way to work this morning but I left it at home. I will call you though!!!!

Okay, honestly....let's talk about boring everyone to death now. I swear this is the longest blog ever. I am bored at work, remember? :) Peace out...

Chels

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home