Thursday, November 01, 2007

ColoradoBennett



I challenge all bloggers to post pictures of themselves in their Halloween costumes. Here are the kids and I. Look closely, I have on a orange sweater and pumpkin earings, therefore I am a pumpkin. Adam was the invisible man, no sense posting a picture of him. I had a pukey virus yesterday, so our friends came to get Sierra and Kaia and took them trick-or-treating at the university. Then Adam got home from work and took all the kids to a Halloween party then trick-or-treating. Meanwhile, I stayed home and enjoyed watching "The Ultimate Gift" (which I thought was really good) with only a few trick-or-treating interruptions. It was a great evening for me. Adam, however, had nightmares about being a single parent last night. Probably stemming from chasing around three kids on his own at the party last night.
So as far out as Kaia is on the crazy spectrum, Sierra is on the helpful spectrum. Today she helped me make waffles (apologizing very sincerely when she spilled flour all over me and the floor), helped wipe down the chairs that were sticky from Kaia's syrup hands, and swept the floor. Yesterday when Kaia and I were laying down for a nap, Sierra woke me up by making loud noises. I came out ready to let her have it, but she quickly said, "Mom, I was cleaning the bathroom and the living room for you because you shouldn't have to be doing all the cleaning. I was going to put away the laundry but I didn't know where to put Dad's socks." My heart melted and I gave her a great big hug. She can be motivated to do anything through candy or competition. Today I was sweeping and I asked her to finish the juice in her cup. She said, "Mom, let's set a goal. Let's see who can do their job faster." So she gulped down her juice while I scurried to get the floor clean. She won, of course. Kaia picks up on Sierra's competitive spirit and takes it upon herself to be just the opposite. She'll move as slow as possible if we are racing to make the bed or pick up there room, just to prove that she'll not be taken by such pity games.
Here is a link to my facebook account with October photos. Blog out...
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20053&id=572146612&ref=mf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home