Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Howdy Doo

I'm spending the night here at mom's (Kev is in Pocatello and I'm too scared to sleep at my own house. When exactly, would you figure, that I'll actually transition into an adult? Maybe when I stop replaying a particularly scary scene from Chainsaw Masacre 2 in my mind. It was seared into my brain when I was a child. I still remember how Stan wanted to be that guy for Halloween and he was showing it to us so my mom could sew him a costume. I wish I were kidding) and I am saddened every time I get on the blog. I'm missing so much! Everyone has their own cute blog and I love it.
Anyway, everything is going pretty well with us. Four more weeks and counting and I couldn't be more ready. I could never understand those women that would waddle about, holding their backs and complaining about how they could never get comfortable. Well, now I am one. I was still running at this point with Maddie and now I'm happy if I can make it to 10 pm without collapsing. I keep asking Kev if he thinks my strength will ever be restored. Maybe I'm too old now. I don't know. Anyway I won't bore you. I'll just comfort you all with stories about my little Whoskie (by the way, I'm not allowed to call her that anymore. I called her it the other day and she's like, mom, please let go of that dream). So we went to register for kindergarten the other day. She is disturbingly nervous about the whole thing. As we were walking in I told her to look at all the cute kids eating lunch. "I can't, I'm too nervous," she said, closing her eyes, "just lead me in." It was sad and funny. She isn't as crazy as she used to be, but Maddie is doing her best to fill the void. It's nice though, because compared to Chloe's old fits, Maddies are just cute.
Speaking of Maddie, she had her first full-blown asthma attack at Cherry Hill the other night. We know that when she gets wet and cold, she gets wheezy, but never like this. Well, she just started coughing and wheezing like she couldn't catch her breath. Yeah, it was terrifying. We're driving home and I calmly asked Kev if he could drive any faster (He later recalls it as me screaming CAN'T YOU DRIVE ANY FASTER? I really can't remember. Unfortunately Chloe does, and retells it as such). Anyway, once she gets her Albuterol treatment she's fine. It really isn't fun. I was telling Aunt Joan that I didn't sign up for this crap. No one in my family has asthma, this is all Kev's family stuff. She reminded me of this months visiting teaching message and apparently I did sign up for it. I can't imagine I was in my right mind though at the time. Maybe the Heavenly workers were withholding food. I would've agreed to anything then.
Anywho I love you guys and as soon as I stop worrying about the skyrocketing price of gas slowing the purchase of cars, forcing Kev out of a job and plunging me and my family into a diet of government cheese and Top Ramen, I'm going to get the internet back. Until then, I'm working on my food storage. Seriously. Love you, Leash

5 Comments:

At 5:04 AM , Blogger Darla said...

oh my goodness!! could I have been any more excited to read a post from Alicia!! So great. Yes, these oil prices are hitting us all hard. Geof.'s airline is laying off 100 more which drops him down even more in seniority, making the possibility of upgrade very grim. So..., we're finding a job in Washington I guess!!

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

Alicia!!! oh how i love thee! i just finished reading the visiting teaching message before i hopped on here so joan's comment made me laugh. i'm sure you were just as cool, calm and collected as your dear cousin meagan would have been in that situation. haha!

 
At 2:09 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

Yippie!!! I love the new back ground and I love that Alicia just posted. Happy Day!

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

mindi your new picture rocks my world!! that's awesome!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Cory said...

ha ha! funny the whole 'withholding food' thing blows my mindW good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home