Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mindi, you've got to be kidding

Mindi, I don't know what you are talking about. I get so little done in a day it kills me. I change lots of diapers and clean up lots of messes. It takes an act of Congress to get anything monumental done around here. Also, in a million years I don't think I would ever be as thoughtful as you are. I can BARELY keep my head above water and I'm not kidding. Yesterday one of those chariots that Aunt Jack wrote about would have been very handy. Ellyn plopped down in the parking lot across the street from her school and refused to get up. Jane had taken Sadie to her class and was going to meet me at Ellyn's class party and after waiting for me for 10 minutes she came out to find me still standing in the middle of the parking lot. I was holding Sawyer and I was too far from our car to put him down and I could do nothing. Poor Ellie had little hicky marks on her wrist from me trying to pull her up. I felt like the biggest jerk mom ever and impotent to boot. So don't ever feel like you need to live up to anything I'm doing. Also, I do not get any phone messages, they all go to Mike's e-mail AND my ringer was turned off for about a week before I realized it. So... if you tried to call here I am sorry. Also, we will be stateside soon so don't mail Sadie's package (also another thing that you are way better at than me, I don't even always get a blog in). You are wonderful. I am so sorry to read about your dad. That brought tears to my eyes. Okay, I would love to write more but I have started The Host, it's 11:12 and I promised myself I would only read to 12. Why, when I get no sleep, because it is the thread I am grasping to keep me sane right now. Reading, love it, have to do it. Blog out.

2 Comments:

At 6:48 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

It is nice to hear you say it, but I still don't believe it. You are most certainly an amazing woman. Is the Host the new book by Stephenie Meyer? I entered a Costco contest to win that book, I'm still waiting for it to arrive in the mail (I haven't been notified that I won, but just like my Gram believes Publisher's Clearing House is going to show up on her front porch with a big check any minute, I believe the same about The Host).

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

i'm reading the host right now too. very good, i love it. jason, not so much. he hasn't read it. it's because i lay in the midst of my big pillow and read it. he loves being totally ignored. i guess he knows how i feel when he's on his blasted computer!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home