Sunday, February 07, 2010

A minor update...




She looks innocent, right?

Thank you so much to everyone who gave baby advice and support when I was going mad with exhaustion! I just wanted to fill you in on how things are going. It seemed as though the consensus from the family was "you have to let her cry", and it made me just sick to think about it. Ugh. But I was determined! (And completely at my wits end). So the first night I put her in her crib and gave her a kiss and said, "Goodnight, baby. I'll see you in the morning!" She was hysterical. So I went in after 5 minutes to check on her, then 10, 20, on up to an hour. Hysterical. Four hours later she was asleep and I thought I was going to throw up. I felt like a big meanie, and was very apprehensive about doing it again the next night. But I did. Same thing, but she only cried three hours... and the next night, ONE! By the week's end, she would fuss for JUST A FEW MINUTES before falling asleep and wake up less every night! Tonight I put her to bed at NINE THIRTY. I CANNOT believe it! I'm sure all of you ladies who have already done this are thinking, "Well, Duh", but Violet went from a baby who had never (in her life!) slept more than 3 or MAYBE 4 hours at a time, to sleeping 6 and 7 hour blocks! AMAZING :)

Thank you SO MUCH for the help and phone calls and encouragement! You inspired me to bite the bullet and do it! I LOVE YOU!

Julia

8 Comments:

At 10:59 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

oh Julia! i'm so proud of you!! i went through the same thing and i know how hard it is. i'm so excited for you! you are such a strong woman and little Vy is thanking you for that. I love you!

 
At 11:50 AM , Blogger Mindi said...

Thumbs up Jules. Enjoy those 6 to 7 hour nights while you can, teeth will be showing up before you know it. Then your schedule will be in ruins, but after a few nights you can start the whole process over again. But don't fret, the hardest part is over :)

 
At 2:33 PM , Blogger Darla said...

Julia!! I'm not thinking, "duh"--at all! There's nothing better than getting sleep when you're a mama with a little baby. That's all you can think about. I'm so happy!!

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Darla said...

p.s. Holy cow, she's GORGEOUS!!

 
At 1:03 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

It took me till baby number three before I got the sense to do that. Good job new mommy!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Jacki said...

I have worried all night about what I wrote! I didn't mean to minimize your situation at all! I never did catch on and never got any sleep! Anyways I didn't mean to make this all about Lyd. And I agree, she is beautiful!! Great job, Love you Aunt Jack

 
At 3:14 PM , Blogger Brind+Julia said...

Jacki, I don't feel that way at all! Lydia's situation really is most important to the family right now. We are thinking about you guys everyday and keeping Lyd in our prayers. I love you :)

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Jacki said...

Thank you so much Love you too!!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home