Monday, April 30, 2012

Our Weekend

We had Benn stay with us this weekend while Meagan was doing her Ultra Marathon. Benn had a soccer game Sat. morning she needed to be to. Meags sent us a text and a picture, "At the top of Capital Peak, mile 19 and feeling strong!" I text back, "At Benn's soccer game, mile 0 and feeling hungry!" Hated missing my big 4 mile run, but oh well! We live to serve! We had fun! We picked out a bunch of new plants to help me feel better about my train wreck yard and came home and tried to think of fun things to do with Benn. She was a great help! We started a fire to get rid of one of our giant burn piles. It didn't entertain her near as much as it would have the boys. It is still smoking this morning 2 days and 12 hours worth of rain later. It was a hot fire! While Pa tended the fire, (He needed a break after working on pulling stumps....he is way glad he is not trying to clear land as a pioneer) Benny and I put up the trampoline. Our missionaries came home and helped us out. Benn told me earlier she did not like our new missionary Elder Newbry. She doesn't like change very well and is very loyal. It is hard to see Elders go after they have lived with us and they have become a part of our family. So Elder Newbry had not yet made the friend list. After the tramp was set up he started to help her with her front flip. He was cute with her and gave her some pointers. After a few times she was doing great. When the missionaries went in the house to get ready for their dinner appt. she came up the hill to talk to me. She told me she really liked Elder Newbry. He has nice! I teased her a bit and commented, "You know Bennett, it's too bad you can't just like someone without them having to pass a test. She gives me "the" little "head wobble" and says, "Well he passed the handsome test right off. Does that count?" "Maybe....We will have to ask Jane. I'm sure she noticed." I am so glad they are all yours and we just get to sit back and enjoy in an advisory capacity! Jack made it home from his big Scout Jamboree Camp thing. We were all so tired we could hardly move. The pajamas were on and we were looking forward to falling asleep watching a movie and the phone rings. One of our missionaries is in town with his family and they want to stop by for a visit. We quick and get out of our pajamas. Elder Fowlke and Elder Newbry come home from their appt.s and Julia and the kids....and it is party time at the Bennetts til midnight. It was so fun! I had said a prayer literally that I would be coherent. It worked....I think any way! After everyone had left or gone to bed Jack and I watched one of his favorite episodes of Supernatural he wanted me to see. It was the scarecrow one. He thinks it's really funny when I jump or cover my eyes. So there you have it....part of it anyway. Love you, Have fun, Le Anne

3 Comments:

At 2:24 PM , Blogger Mindi said...

You Bennett's are amazing in your power to be coherent and happy while exhausted. I love your posts, Le Anne, so many great stories and details.

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Thanks again mommy you're the bestest

 
At 7:53 PM , Blogger Meags said...

Thanks again mommy you're the bestest

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home