Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sie

I'm so proud of my Sierra. She is working so hard in school. Last week she thought she had a test on all 50 state capitals on Friday (of course she tells us this on Thursday night). So Gram helped her study by making a game and by writing all the capitals Sierra didn't know so well on a long roll of paper towels. We stayed up late and woke up early to cram for the test (there are a lot of capitals I had totally forgotten. Quick what is the capital of Maine?). Kaia also thought she had a big geography test (in Spanish, no less) so she was diligently studying also. Adam told both of them they better do really well on their tests or else they would study every day durning Fall break. Kaia went to bed in tears. When Sierra's teacher announced the test was postponed until after vacation, Sierra moaned "noooooo! My dad will make me study the whole time!" The teacher laughed and said "doesn't your dad know what a break is?! If he makes you study, call me and I'll tell him to take it easy on you." Sierra said the whole class was laughing. In her English class, Sierra had to do a book report. Her and Adam read "The Lion's Paw" (Sierra read 90% of it on her own, I was so impressed). Adam helped her decorate a shoe box with pictures of sail boats and seashells. It turned out so well. I happened to be volunteering at the school when she did her report in front of the class and I got to listen in. She did great and she just thrives on getting rewarded for all her hard work.

5 Comments:

At 10:04 PM , Blogger Brooke said...

Thatta girl! Sie

 
At 10:23 PM , Blogger LeAnne said...

Pa and I are so proud of you and all your hard work. I can't tell you how many times I have had to know the capital of Maine at a moments notice. It comes in handy!
It is good exercise for your brain!

 
At 5:42 AM , Blogger Darla said...

This whole posts makes me so happy. It feels so good to so well I school and to enjoy learning. Yay, Sie-bear!

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger Darla said...

Um..that didn't sound right. Meant to say, it feels so good to do well in school. ;)

 
At 7:57 AM , Blogger Ellynn said...

I remember having to learn all the capitols. I had a puzzle of the US and they were all on there. Adam and I sat in Nephi's cage and he helped me study.
Good Job Sie! How did Kaia's test go?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home