Thursday, January 10, 2013

Grandma

Well, my favorite memory of Grandma is how she walked me and Jess along the road to get back up to the house after an especially traumatizing trip down the grasshopper -infested hill to the park. She also picked me up from Jr. High one day and called me her "little model." I remember the Honeycombs, face cream and of course the frogs. In fact, after she died mom got her jar of face cream and wouldn't let any of us mess up where Grandma had last touched. I LOVED the laundry chute (chute?). Didn't we push Kel through it at one point? I remember her white pantry doors with the slats and the round knobs (why do I remember that? Simple. I was always looking for food. Hmm. Wait. Nothing's changed there). Getting ready for the Nativity in her giant room. Sitting on her amazing deck and watching the sun set over the valley. Her slacks. I never saw her in jeans. And every time I hear Make The World Go Away, I cry because mom said she'd come home from work when they were little and play that record. Can you imagine the weight on that woman's shoulders? She was a pretty amazing lady.

1 Comments:

At 5:40 AM , Blogger Joan said...

Wow, love hearing all of those. Merril Norman face creme was about the only thing she would spend any money on.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home