Friday, April 15, 2005

Alicia - oops

I was wondering if everyone was going to get the wrong impression about kids. I have to side with Meags on everything. I love it too and I'm negative right now because I can't see my feet at first glance.
Anyway our realitor called at like 8 last night with our keys. We fly out of the house with mom, dad, Lyd and Jess. We get there, we've got the video camera going as Kev goes to unlock the door. Mom's taking pictures, Clo was singing I hope they call my on a mission, I think I saw a shooting star - it was priceless. We get inside and there's no power. Dad's like, let's check the breaker. Nothing. I had been to the city earlier in the month to have it turned on and we'd been in it with the power so we didn't know what the crap. Anyway, leave it to mom and her "don't worry, I know the mayor and he fears me" attitude and we had a city worker over there at 10 at night to turn it back on. We couldn't really do anything because they didn't turn on the water, but I vacuumed and it made me feel a little better. I still feel so overwhelmed I can't even sleep. The yard is trashed (it was a repossesed home and it sat vacant for over a year) we still haven't picked paint colors and we need a disposal installed - just to name a few of my worries. Oh well.
I forgot to tell you guys about little Whooskie's itchy head. She got sick in February with some crazy viral rash and although the rash is gone she still itches her head more than I think a little kid should without looking like she has lice. I called the doctor and the nurse was like, just put some Cetaphil lotion mixed with cortizone on her 2 times a day. We decided just to do it and night, which ended up being the silliest thing ever. The next day I tried to wash it out without any luck. It's been 2 days and 7 shampoos plus a regular soap scrubbing and she still looks like a greased kitten. I actually got a "look" from this lady at the loan place. I want to hang a sign on her that says "It all started when I came down with this crazy viral rash in February. My mom called the doctor to see what we could do about my itchy little head....." You know and explain the whole story in a little letter hanging about her neck. It's kind of funny, but mostly annoying. She started itching while we were at the house last night and she's like "momma, head, itchy, wotion." Her little sentences are the best. She'll get mad at you and scream "no, no - Pie tout!" Which means time-out. I don't know why she calls it that, but it's pretty funny. The other day we put Lyd in "pie tout." It was funny how she acted like she was me or Kev.
Anyway, I feel like a jerk for only telling bad stories about my little sissy, but they are a lot funnier than the good ones. I remember before we had Clo, seeing one of Kev's friends wife seemingly aimlessly chase their 2 year old around the house. I thought, how completely boring. She must be so bored! Now I'm not saying this to ensure the progression of grandmas posterity, but I wouldn't change a thing. There's never a time that I'm bored with Chloe. Yesterday she wrapped her arms around my neck and said 'oh mom, hair pwetty" as she ran her fingers through my hair. The other day she was yelling at Ernie on t.v. because he wouldn't stop singing and Burt was trying to sleep. "Top it Eawnie!" It may seem like a nightmare listening to some of these stories but one day I'll guarantee you'll know what we mean. Kev used to tell me before we had kids, that as you progress in life you're trying to become more like Christ. Having kids is one of the biggest steps in that direction (and there's nothing wrong if you don't have kids right now) because almost everything you do isn't about yourself anymore - and that's what it's all about. Okay first you girls were all scared of kids now you're just pissed off. I'm not tooting my own horn. I don't have one to toot. If any of you remember correctly I didn't do anything right until I was like 24 and didn't even have kids until I was 26. So anything that you guys are doing (this is for Jessie Chels and Lyd because I feel like you guys probably think I'm a huge jerk now for getting all churchy) is already way ahead of where I was. Wow, I think I've sufficiently fallen all over myself - I'll just shut up. Anyway, that's it, I love you guys. Love Leash

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home