Thursday, April 14, 2005

Geof. Bennett in da blog

Ellynn, in response to your request for ancestor stories I feel inspired to relate the little known story of little Billy Bennett. A Scot by rights and a lover of fine milk and fresh cheese. Billy was born in the secluded town of Ness. It was he more than any other local wizard who led the fight against the evil scientists who sought to destroy Nessy "our underwater ally" thank you Napolean for giving me an appropriate name. At the age of 17 Billy decided to seek his fame and fortune by searching for the perfect cheese. It was not uncommon for the citizens of small towns to see the famed hunter walking about the hills searching for the perfect yak to milk for excellent cheese. Often Billy would walk with his trusted dog quamchetka. That is until the fierce winter of 1740 when he was stranded in the mountains and was forced to cut open said dog and sleep inside. Ironically quamchetka was a poodle dog so only Billy's left forearm was saved from severe frost bite. Needles to say the loss of both his hands severely inhibited his ability to milk the yaks. As a result Billy became one of the first professional long distance runners. Unfortunately there were no professionals at that time in that area so all he really did was crawl around on his nubs and lunge across any line he could find in the dirt or a low hanging laundry line. Luckily Billy was a ladies man still and kept the posterity going so that one day we were eventually brought into the earth. It is often said that since his leg started from the thigh up that is where the women acquired their leg shape. You know the ankle look like the thigh etc... I feel we all owe a debt of gratitude to little Billy may he rest in peace.

So that’s the story of nubs. Alright so life is sick crazy right now. Just trying to finish off my last real semester. After this there will only be one freaking math class left and then I can get that sweet piece of paper which entitles me to minimum wage jobs in provo. What could be better really. So the other day I was watching cole. I dozed off while I thought he was dozing off and when I awoke I went to check on the docile child to see if he needed me to awaken him from his sound slumber. To my delight he had not fallen asleep and was standing on the changing table naked. Not only had he removed his own diaper (not mine)but the genius had removed his diaper and smeared poo poo all over the floor, dresser, crib, etc… In shock I took him by the arm and set him in the tub. A mere hour later the bulk of the situation was under control. Life’s sweet I work two jobs one at night for a youth program and the other at the airport for UVSC in the day. So pretty much I don’t sleep and my brain is fried. Darla is lovely and engorged with Dayne. The Belly is perhaps larger now than it was with Cole. So it’s more like a giant beach ball on a tiny little frame. Cole is a crash waiting to happen. Due to continued ear infections we’re having the second set of tubes put in soon and also removing his adnoids. Obviously if he needed them we’d have heard more about them I say. Flying is going smoothly I am trying to get my Certified Flight Instructor check ride scheduled so when that comes up you’ll know because there will be ten blogs a day asking for your prayers. I went to a big meeting with the FAA the other day to help prepare for the experience. He basically told us 90% of the applicants fail the first time around and we need to know everything and be able to teach it. I jammed a pencil into my temple and here I lay. Whatever eh. Alright can’t wait to keep reading this here blog and hopefully I’ll have lots of exciting updates like I got off an hour early from work and was able to get five hours of sleep. Seriously though have lots of kids cole is the sweetest and Dayne I’m sure will smell nice. peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home