Thursday, April 14, 2005

Pine straw-by Brooke Stinchfield

"What," you may ask "is Pine straw?" Pine straw is actually millions of pine needles bundled together like bales of hay and passed off as bark. You use it in all your flower beds, just as you would bark. Weird, disturbing, and not nearly as pretty, but quite a phenomenon here in Georgia. Yesterday Mike asked if he could have 16 guys over here for a BBQ tomorrow so my yard went through Extreme Makeover-Yard Edition. Mike mowed yesterday and today I weeded all my flower beds (they were half weeded from earlier this week) and spread ten bales of pine straw. I also trimmed Sadie's bangs, dusted my downstairs, did all the dishes from last night's dinner (I had young women's last night and didn't have time to wash the pots), cleaned out my Pilot, made dinner, and coached soccer practice. A very busy day, it feels good though. You know there are some days when you are lucky just to get the dishwasher unloaded. Meags, I couldn't agree with you more but it is great to read everyone's stories. Okay, I'm going to bed. Write more tomorrow. Love, Brooke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home