Friday, April 22, 2005

ColoradoBennetts--Big Head Todd vs. Kid Rock

I had the urge to change the name of my last blog because I was overcome with disgust for Kid Rock. I know that for some reason he is revered among members of this blog, but he really is down with the devil. Adam was listening to his CD on the way here and I was closely following the lyrics. He's only talking about strippers and now every time a song runs through my head an image of such a girl comes into my head (I've never seen a stripper but now that I spend so much time at truck stops I think I may have met a few and seen their cartoon images on plenty of t-shirts--plus my husband is obsessed with the chrome lady who I know for sure is a stripper--he tried to buy a baseball hat with her image superimposed with the confederate flag and a chrome lady belt buckle--all the influence of Kid Rock). My kind of band is Big Head Todd and the Monsters, which now that I think of it, doesn't have any stripper songs but if looked hard enough I bet someone could call me on their equal evils. Um, I don't know why I let these random thoughts onto the blog. What I really want to say is that our blog could almost replace journal writing in many ways. We could publish our blog book someday and it will be a family treasure much like the books about George Darling Watt and Billy "Nubs" Bennett. But I better erase my reference to Kid Rock and strippers and chrome ladies before that happens.
Sadie, Sierra, and Ellyn are upstairs taking a bath together right now. We are still having a blissful time. Brooke and I left the chillins' with the men last night and met her friend at the pool. I really need to learn the ropes of lap swimming because it was a lot of fun. I failed to master the paddle board, though, because a few times it slipped out from under me and caught me in the nose. Not sure why I just admitted to that. If I wasn't typing one handed while nursing I'd share more embarrassing swimming stories, adieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home